• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Going Home

Have a question relating to this.

Do "Civvy U" ROTP cadets also receive LTA from their respective universities home once per year?

I would think that they would and this would not be only for RMC/CMR cadets, but you never know for sure.

curious22 said:
Do "Civvy U" ROTP cadets also receive LTA from their respective universities home once per year?

Simple answer although there is a bit more too it is, any member of the CF can receive LTA if their NOK is in another location.

curious22 said:
Have a question relating to this.

I would think that they would and this would not be only for RMC/CMR cadets, but you never know for sure.

Although you may not know, you can certainly find out.  This is a pretty clear policy.  Your civilian university is your "place of duty."  The purpose of LTA is to reunite you with your next of kin.  If your next of kin are located in a place other than your place of duty, then you are entitled to claim LTA.

ringknocker82 said:
You'll get reimbursed for travel expenses home, so I wouldn't really worry about it.  Its on the government's dime, so I would take the easiest form of transportation.

You only get 1 trip home a year reimbursed.  However remember you are also earning an income while there so the bank account should have some funds in it to travel

Back