• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

GG Payette resigns 21 Jan 2021

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
I don't recall if this had it's own thread.

Many politicians of all parties are stepping down for their "accidental" travel after preaching people should stay at home.
What will the zero tollerance LPC do about this I wonder? Perhaps chalk it up to people experiencing things differently and moving on?

Independent firm completes review into claims of 'toxic' environment at Rideau Hall​

An independent consulting firm has completed its review into reports of a toxic environment and workplace harassment at Rideau Hall — and sources briefed on the report say its contents are scathing.

Sources said the negative findings in the report could make it difficult for Julie Payette to remain in her role as Governor General. The Globe and Mail also reports that the review has been completed and is damning in its conclusions.

Thanks for the reminder
Link to the article, can't edit my post for some reason.

The response will be along the lines of "oh, well", or perhaps a blistering "that's nice".

It'll be a learning moment for all of us.

Jarn: Can you add the link to the article into your post? We owe it to the author to link back to their original work.

I wonder what the process to get a GG to step down would be. I would imagine not easy if the current GG refuses to budge.

I guess I got the moving on part right.

If a harassment investigation of one person in the CAF by an outsourced firm can cost $50,000 or $100,000 I wonder what this investigation cost?

Some measure of justice for the victims. Can't help but think the former GG could have saved taxpayers a lot of money (not to mention careers) by just not having a toxic workplace in the first place.

I wonder if there was already a short list made up in preparation for this. I know a lot of people who have said that they would like to see Uncle Rick in the role, but I think that he is a biy busy at the moment.

Say hello to Canada's newest ambassador to insert cushy diplomatic post here.

Maybe this is where JV will be heading instead of NATO?
I think that regularly putting a former General or Flag Officer in the position every time would probably be a good idea, because they would be use to working with the Government, having a nonpartisan approach (even if they are not nonpartisan), and they wouldn't wear their uniforms and medals wrong...at the very least they wouldn't wear them on a snow suit or replace them with NASA medals.

Well you need someone to restore confidence in the institution, how about Roméo Dallaire?

Back