• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Getting posted...confused about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.rhtuner

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a quick question about getting posted.

I've read fro mthe army website about the Infantry Position and this is what they state:

Employment     

On successful completion of MOC training, Infantry Soldiers are posted to one of the following battalions:

The Royal Canadian Regiment (RCR)
    1st Battalion (1 RCR): Petawawa, Ontario
    2nd Battalion (2 RCR): Gagetown, New-Brunswick
    3rd Battalion (3 RCR): Petawawa, Ontario

Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI)
    1st Battalion (1 PPCLI): Edmonton, Alberta
    2nd Battalion (2 PPCLI): Shilo, Manitoba
    3rd Battalion (3 PPCLI): Edmonton, Alberta

The Royal 22e Régiment (R22eR)
    1st Battalion (1 R22eR): Valcartier, Quebec
    2nd Battalion (2 R22eR): The Citadel, Québec City, Quebec
    3rd Battalion (3 R22eR): Valcartier, Quebec

So would that mean I would have to live at one of those locations listed above to be part of the Infantry unit?  I currently live in London, Ontario so would I be able to stay in London and be apart of the infantry section here or would have to move out to Alberta, Manitoba, Petawawa or Quebec?

I've tried to search but didnt find an answer for this type of question.

If you are joining to be a Regular Force infantry soldier (i.e., full time service), that list is your choices of Regiment and location.  If your priority is to stay in London, Ontario, start talking to the recruiter for 4RCR and join the Reserves (i.e., part time service).

mr.rhtuner said:
So would that mean I would have to live at one of those locations listed above to be part of the Infantry unit? 

Be one hell of a commute every morning otherwise.

Michael O`Leary said:
If you are joining to be a Regular Force infantry soldier (i.e., full time service), that list is your choices of Regiment and location.  If your priority is to stay in London, Ontario, start talking to the recruiter for 4RCR and join the Reserves (i.e., part time service).

ah dam, I was looking into regular force but not sure how I feel about re-location.  I'm not looking into reserves as I'd like this to be mainly my daily career with full time hours.

thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back