• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Germany eyeing conscription again

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
A range of sliiiiiightly-different takes out there on this one ...

Do ya suppose all them security threats running around groping German women will be liable for service?

Lightguns said:
Do ya suppose all them security threats running around groping German women will be liable for service?

I would hope not. Eventually, you'll have to give them weapons and ammo. Eventually, like Kabul and Baghdad, you'll get a sleeper who will take out as many of his classmates as they can before being killed themselves.

recceguy said:
I would hope not. Eventually, you'll have to give them weapons and ammo. Eventually, like Kabul and Baghdad, you'll get a sleeper who will take out as many of his classmates as they can before being killed themselves.

This. I don't believe Germany is currently stable enough to be making any heavy reforms to any part of their military system, let alone going as far as reinstating conscription considering how extreme the political poles are showing right now.

Dija said:
This. I don't believe Germany is currently stable enough to be making any heavy reforms to any part of their military system, let alone going as far as reinstating conscription considering how extreme the political poles are showing right now.

They could likely reintroduce some form "National Service", as they had before.  It is not really conscription and it covers more than just compulsory military service.  It could be any of the Emergency Services and Medical as well. 

George Wallace said:
It could be any of the Emergency Services and Medical as well.

I don't know how long it takes to train Police Officers or Firefighters in Germany, but German Paramedics require a three-year program.

How long would an individual's Conscription last?

In the most cases they were only Hospital Orderlies and other support staff.

Thank-you, George.  :)

They could be trained as, what we call here, Equipment Technicians. Germany likely has something similar.

I hope they consider women's rights. They'll boost their conscription strength by roughly 50% if they do.

Dija said:
pope-johnpaul.jpg

*This* Political Pole is an ex-Pole....

Seems the General staff feel the same.  http://www.wnd.com/2016/08/german-military-wants-security-checks-on-recruits/

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Lightguns said:
Seems the General staff feel the same.  http://www.wnd.com/2016/08/german-military-wants-security-checks-on-recruits/

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

That only makes sense.  What military within NATO or within the "Western Sphere of Influence" would not be performing some sort of "Security Checks" on its applicants?  Europe has had extremists in their midst's since the late 1940's, not to mention the tensions of the Cold War. 

PuckChaser said:
I hope they consider women's rights. They'll boost their conscription strength by roughly 50% if they do.

They have changed their laws back in the 1990's to allow women into their armed forces.  Prior to the Wall coming down, there were very few positions in the German Ministry of Defence for women.

George Wallace said:
Prior to the Wall coming down, there were very few positions in the German Ministry of Defence for women.

Interesting how times and attitudes change.
I read that even during the war, it was not until February 12, 1945 that, "German women were called up for ser­vice in the Volks­sturm (national mili­tia)."
http://ww2days.com/women-recruited-into-german-militia.html

Attachments

• Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1973-001-30,_Volkssturm,_Frau_mit_Panzerfaust.jpg
    Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1973-001-30,_Volkssturm,_Frau_mit_Panzerfaust.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 198
Back