• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Geomatics Tech Question re: Apprenticeship.

Dog

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm posing this question for a friend of mine who is interested in joining the CF as a Geomatics Tech...... he's pretty convinced he can join because he's a civilian surveyor. I think he may be kidding himself, because I looked on the recruiting website and it says that a civilian must meet all apprenticeship requirements in a civilian trade. I know he went to a now-defunct trade school a few years ago, for a year.

My question is this: Does anybody know what the apprenticeship requirments are?

Thought it was remuster only trade. Maybe the resident recruiting expert can clear it up.

I'm also not sure about that either.... the website doesn't mention it, but I searched this site and found a post from April that says it is, but I'm curious as to whether or not that's still the same.

Kincanucks, I'm looking at you..... ;)

Actually it does state it. "Applicants to the Geomatics Technician occupation must have completed Qualification Level 4 (or equivalent) in another military occupation"

Applicants to the Geomatics Technician occupation must have completed Qualification Level 4 (or equivalent) in another military occupation or all apprenticeship requirements in a civilian trade.

Hence, my question.

The civilian trade has to be closely related to what a military Geomatics Tech does and just being a surveyor does not cut it. The apprenticeship requirements are whatever the civilian trade association says they are.

Thanks, I shall take pleasure in crushing his dreamsĀ  >:D

Back