• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

General Vance - Inappropriate conduct?

Is he though? He's had a number of potential career killing things slide off, and has been found guilty of several ethical breaches with no actual impacts.

I'd argue that the electorate are more of slow learners about consequences for politicians if we expect anything to happen outside the voting cycle.
I’d say it’s not his street smarts but the handlers the LPC employs to keep his image as the fair haired son of PET who will lead us all to the promised land.
And those that voted him in are slow learners too

An episode of "The West Wing" brought this up quite well. Is it something someone considers that the PM "needs" to know. The "someone" (either the final receiver of the info or all the info-gatekeepers in between) and "need" can vary greatly, depending on who's telling and who's supposed to be listening. Does EVERY subordinate tell EVERY boss EVERYTHING, and does EVERYTHING make it through to the boss?
Weinie captured it well. The PMO staff knew exactly what they were doing sheltering the PM from....’the details’...

well, via his AOL connection, he does...
tom hanks joe fox GIF

I don't much care if he was told or not. He holds the high office. The buck stops there. IMO, every person being appointed to head a top position or ministry, should be personally handing the PM an undated resignation letter. The second part of that visit should be the PM asking some very pointed and personal questions. Even if he doesn't, he's the final approval for the appointment, he's responsible.

I don't much care if he was told or not. He holds the high office. The buck stops there. IMO, every person being appointed to head a top position or ministry, should be personally handing the PM an undated resignation letter. The second part of that visit should be the PM asking some very pointed and personal questions. Even if he doesn't, he's the final approval for the appointment, he's responsible.
Responsibility of leadership lacks in politics these days, has for a long time

It appears the CAF is following the political example.
The CAF is intimately tied to the public service in many ways (i.e. pay, benefits, travel policies etc.). While I worked at NDHQ I often saw glaring examples of cultural bleedthorugh where CAF members acted simply as bureaucrats who didn't have to decide what to wear to work each day.

The CAF is intimately tied to the public service in many ways (i.e. pay, benefits, travel policies etc.). While I worked at NDHQ I often saw glaring examples of cultural bleedthorugh where CAF members acted simply as bureaucrats who didn't have to decide what to wear to work each day.

And (tortuously prepared) briefing notes being required to decide what to do next.... even at the unit level. I assumed that Class A pay was for warfirghter training, not fighting inter-office battles.

The risk aversion is strong with these people :)

And (tortuously prepared) briefing notes being required to decide what to do next.... even at the unit level. I assumed that Class A pay was for warfirghter training, not fighting inter-office battles.

The risk aversion is strong with these people :)
We have reached a point where I work that we can not do our principle task without breaking the rules or spending 3 times the required time to do the job combine with 3 days of pre-planning. We are becoming Americans trying to substitute "safety" rules in place of teaching people to be safe in a dangerous job. No amount of regulation can equal proper training and experience, something we are in short supply of right now.

Back