• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

General Vance - Inappropriate conduct?

Go back and check the CANFORGENS for crash retirements of GO/FOs and flag officers who were regarded as still having some legs prior to the CDS appointment. :p
So young to be so cynical ... :LOL:

Coming forward like that must be scary as hell. It's terrible she has to be in this situation in the first place but maybe the privacy she just sacrificed will help other service members come forward too.

The obligation to respond is a great point as well.

Coming forward like that must be scary as hell. It's terrible she has to be in this situation in the first place but maybe the privacy she just sacrificed will help other service members come forward too.

The obligation to respond is a great point as well.

There's alot of risk as a 'whistle blower' and it doesn't always work out well:

The Whistleblower’s Dilemma: Do the Risks Outweigh the Benefits?​

Oof. As soon as consent is getting called into question, this becomes a much bigger deal.

Wow!!! A consummate hypocrite.

It will be fascinating to watch how the Teflon PM and his likely disposable MND deal with this.

Wow!!! A consummate hypocrite.

It will be fascinating to watch how the Teflon PM and his likely disposable MND deal with this.
I suspect that outside of CAF circles this will barely register. Trudeau can say he didn’t choose him and will plead ignorance that may or may not have some basis in truth.

The PM has been pressed on this before and has already evaded answering. We'll know in a few days if this has any legs in the news cycle. I'm sure the PM is eager to change the channel away from vaccines but I don't think this is the soap opera he wants the MSM watching instead.

Selection of the new GG is next up. That will capture the news cycle and probably pull some attention back to further retrospective on Payette.

“So if he was a Harper appointee, why did you keep him then?” 🤔

Inquiring minds want (deserve) to know.

“So if he was a Harper appointee, why did you keep him then?” 🤔

Inquiring minds want (deserve) to know.
They generally do until the end of the term - except for all that Somalia crap.

🍻

Except, as a GiC appointment, the CDS serves at pleasure, not for a fixed term.

Except, as a GiC appointment, the CDS serves at pleasure, not for a fixed term.
True. True. But generally it's for a few years and new governments generally don't relieve serving CDSs and wait for a respectable period of time.

🍻

True. True. But generally it's for a few years and new governments generally don't relieve serving CDSs and wait for a respectable period of time.

🍻
By “respectable” you mean make him the longest serving CDS ever in the history of the position? 🤔

Yup, sounds like Trudeau couldn’t wait to get rid of Vance...

By “respectable” you mean make him the longest serving CDS ever in the history of the position? 🤔

Yup, sounds like Trudeau couldn’t wait to get rid of Vance...
No that's not what I meant at all. I meant more like the 2 to 3 years that was normal before regardless of when an election was won. I think most of the time a new government wants a CDS to stay in place for a while until the new MND gets his feet wet.

I really have no idea why Vance wasn't changed out earlier. It's not like there was anything big going on that needed him to stay at the rudder. If anything I would have thought maybe the MND was a bit in awe of him or it wasn't an important enough issue to address. Or maybe it was the whole Norman thing.

🤔

No that's not what I meant at all. I meant more like the 2 to 3 years that was normal before regardless of when an election was won. I think most of the time a new government wants a CDS to stay in place for a while until the new MND gets his feet wet.

I really have no idea why Vance wasn't changed out earlier. It's not like there was anything big going on that needed him to stay at the rudder. If anything I would have thought maybe the MND was a bit in awe of him or it wasn't an important enough issue to address. Or maybe it was the whole Norman thing.

🤔
Vance was certainly the meat shield for the Minister and PM over what was essentially the PMO thinking they were omnipotent.

Handy to have the Sword of Damocles over your peon’s neck perhaps?

Handy to have the Sword of Damocles over your peon’s neck perhaps?
Dr Evil Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Might it be a matter of how fast they burned through a few key GOFOs during the Norman debacle? Lack of depth near the top?

Back