• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

General MacKenzie

Status
Not open for further replies.

army

Inactive
Reaction score
Re: General MacKenzie

Posted by Rob Clarke from Orleans ON Canada on April 15, 1999 at 13:15:24:

In Reply to: Re: For Dav, Michael D, Rob, Mark posted by A PRIVATE on April 15, 1999 at 09:15:54:

Gen. MacKenzie is entitled to the use his rank as a retired member of the CF. I would hope that you have been given the necessary instruction on how to refer to your superiors we are talking about rank here and to those who have retired from the CF.

If you have not been given this instruction, then I fault the training system. If you did indeed have the proper instruction and refuse to put that training to use by referring to general officers - active or retired - by their name only, then I question your professionalism.

If individual members of the CF fail to acknowledge and use the formalities of the military system, then they only have themselves to blame for the erosion of that system.

Posted by A PRIVATE from Ottawa Canada on April 15, 1999 at 15:02:23:

In Reply to: Re: General MacKenzie posted by Rob Clarke on April 15, 1999 at 13:15:24:

The fact I did not refer to the General by rank was an unintentional oversight. I know and make every effort to mind my P‘s and Q‘s.

However, I would like to take exception to your reply. This page is not administered by DND, nor do I recall seeing your rank before your name. In the future, if you want to offer advice, please do so. But don‘t dictate or give me the holier-than-thou, no-one-loves-the-military-more-than-me bull.

Posted by Another Pte. from Canada on April 15, 1999 at 16:44:25:

In Reply to: Re: General MacKenzie posted by A PRIVATE on April 15, 1999 at 15:02:23:

You tell‘em bro!!!

Posted by a soldier from Canada on April 15, 1999 at 21:05:36:

In Reply to: Re: General MacKenzie posted by Rob Clarke on April 15, 1999 at 13:15:24:

and what rank do you hold, Rob? Save the condescending crap for another page.

Posted by Rob Thompson Broker AB ret‘d from Toronto ON Canada on April 16, 1999 at 00:53:45:

For what it‘s worth, MGen MacKenzie‘s favourite comment, particularly once
he shed his uniform was "Call me Lew." I‘m speaking from personal experience, having
served as an 831 in his CTCHQ and then meeting him again after we were both civilians.
Lew MacKenzie was an excellent commander of troops and personally is
charismatic as all get out - probably why the careerist generals
all breathed a sigh of relief when he decided to hang it up!

Ready, Aye, Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back