• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

General Election: Oct 21, 2019

I think Singh will stay on.  Early predictions had them losing party status. He may still have his party’s support.

Scheer once again put himself into a corner when he says that when the party that doesn’t win the most seats it is the modern convention that the leader steps down.

Altair said:
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/election2019/results/

Shit. He's a real bag of hammers. That's too bad but at least Goodale is gone.

The NDP got smashed.  They had a real chance to put a francophone in charge which could have soldified Quebec for them but they blew it pandering the base.  I hope Singh is done, they are going nowhere with him in charge.

Cons need to find a leader with some curb appeal, looks and a bit of charisma.  Andrew Scheer is like a mini-Harper

JWR kept her seat by a fairly comfortable margin. Good for her, getting elected as an independent is exceedingly rare.

Latest #'s via Elections Canada (as of this post - click on link for the latest) and 338Canada.ca, with a reminder for everyone of all team jersey colours also attached ...

Attachments

• ElectionsCanadaLeading220614edtOct2019.JPG
    ElectionsCanadaLeading220614edtOct2019.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 388Canada-final-seats-vs-projection-21oct2019.png
    388Canada-final-seats-vs-projection-21oct2019.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 14993563_1371868319512982_6978799209693133138_n.jpg
    14993563_1371868319512982_6978799209693133138_n.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 86
As predicted the Libs are now a minority party so who will their junior partner be ?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/federal-election-results-2019-cbc-leaders-1.5329485

Clearly the NDP. The only question is how hard they're going to squeeze the Liberals in order to compensate for that support.

If I was Trudeau I'd dress as Kirk Lazarus for Halloween just to remind Canada who's boss.

Brihard said:
JWR kept her seat by a fairly comfortable margin. Good for her, getting elected as an independent is exceedingly rare.

What would happen, do you suppose, if the Conservatives nominated her for Speaker? The numbers are there for her to be elected (even without the Liberals) and she would be in Trudeau's face, every day.

SeaKingTacco said:
What would happen, do you suppose, if the Conservatives nominated her for Speaker?
Actually, that would be brilliant... and not just for torqueing Trudeau.  She's very competent, has a track record of ethical behaviour and not being cowed into inappropriate decision-making, and couldn't really accomplish much as an Independent.  I think she'd be a very good Speaker.

So, Cabinet '19: With Goodale losing, who gets Public Security?  A very high profile position that's now vacant...

dapaterson said:
So, Cabinet '19: With Goodale losing, who gets Public Security?  A very high profile position that's now vacant...
Jaspal Atwal?  :whistle:

After all, the 2018 Public Report on the Terrorism Threat to Canada  deleted references to Sikh terrorism so Trudeau could play dress-up, yet again, in Vancouver's Vaisakhi parade.  Air India 182/Narita airport bombing?  Indira Gandhi's assassination?  Tamil Tiger child suicide bombers?  All misunderstandings.

dapaterson said:

Blair or Holland?

Journeyman said:
Actually, that would be brilliant... and not just for torqueing Trudeau.  She's very competent, has a track record of ethical behaviour and not being cowed into inappropriate decision-making, and couldn't really accomplish much as an Independent.  I think she'd be a very good Speaker.

... and should be in charge of making audio tapes of all the sessions! :)

While the conservatives swept oil country they now must pick up more seats in Ontario would that be a correct assessment ?

tomahawk6 said:
While the conservatives swept oil country they now must pick up more seats in Ontario would that be a correct assessment ?

Toronto and Quebec decide who wins.

Point of interest- I crunches the numbers this AM. There are six seats where the Liberals beat the CPC by fewer votes than the PPC received. It wouldn’t affect the balance of power at all, but it’s interesting.

Two in Atlantic, one in Ontario, two in BC, and Yukon.

Back