• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Gear needed for BMQ?

Bandittheone

Inactive
Reaction score
First of all, I have not gotten my gear yet, but am supposed to get it today or tomorrow, and tomorrow is when the first weekend of BMQ starts. If I actually get my damn gear I've got some questions:

1. What should I bring, all of the gear? Some of the gear? all of it plus more or what?

2.What should I wear there? I assume the BDU with beret, but I dunno.

3. How should I bring all the gear? Like in the rucksack, a duffle bag...or?(like how are you supposed to bring the pasgt helmet?

If I think of more questions I'll post them.

Thanks

Well I never got my gear until the THIRD weekend of BMQ so for the first TWO I wore "grease monkey" suits, or coveralls if you will, but when I finally did get mine, I had to bring everything every weekend..They will show you how to put your ruck together and how to pack it, well at least on mine they did..Hope this helps somewhat

Bandittheone said:
First of all, I have not gotten my gear yet, but am supposed to get it today or tomorrow, and tomorrow is when the first weekend of BMQ starts. If I actually get my darn gear I've got some questions:

1. What should I bring, all of the gear? Some of the gear? all of it plus more or what?

2.What should I wear there? I assume the BDU with beret, but I dunno.

3. How should I bring all the gear? Like in the rucksack, a duffle bag...or?(like how are you supposed to bring the pasgt helmet?

If I think of more questions I'll post them.

Thanks

They should have given you a "kit list" in your joining instructions. Otherwise I am sure they will tell you what to do when you first get there

PASGT helmet? thats the older US Kevlar helmet, not the Canadian one. And BDU is what the Americans call their combat uniform.

As for packing your kit, put as much of it as you can in your kit bag/duffle an rucksack. Most if not all of the issue kit should fit into them, if not, put the remaining kit in a civvie bag.

Bring the kit thats listed on your kitlist, if you don't have something, tell your Sect Cdr on course an they should be able to get it for you, or arrange a trip to clothing stores your you an anyone else who is missing kit.

Your Regiment should have given you a set of joining instructions with all that needed information. If they havn't, somebody s%*t the bed and didn't do their job.

But yes, as a current BMQ instructor I will tell you, bring all your kit. You won't need it all, but better showing up with everything rather than nothing with the exception of the civilian clothes on your back, had two like that last week. Their is also a kit marking guide that you should have been given. Ensure all kit is marked properly and in the location given.

Sharpie said:
But yes, as a current BMQ instructor I will tell you, bring all your kit. You won't need it all, but better showing up with everything rather than nothing with the exception of the civilian clothes on your back, had two like that last week. Their is also a kit marking guide that you should have been given. Ensure all kit is marked properly and in the location given.

My apologies for replying to these old threads but I am coming across some crucial information.  I am about to go through my kit and label it (Last name, last 3 numbers of SN)  but I was never told to, I just thought it would be a good idea. Should I wait until I arrive on course (reserves) before I begin labelling anything?  I haven't heard of any specific locations to label things...

Thanks

Your course instructors will tell you WHERE they would like you to label your kit. Course uniformity and all that. But once you've received your location notice, DO IT right away, as failure to comply could bring down the wrath of your instructors.

But WOW, this thread is REALLY old. You should've just asked with your post in the other thread with regards to kit.

Hahah Ya I just thought the same thing when I read the titles in my email.  I was thinking, why the heck didn't I just ask that there.  Oh well, sorry for the inconvenience but thanks for your heads up.  This will save me some labelling on weekends :D (I have already labelled a lot of my personal gear, which I don't believe will be as big as a problem).

Back