• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Gagetown

Hopkins

Inactive
Reaction score
Was just given a tasking out to Gagetown for a minimum of 6 months to be part of the field troop in support of the combat arms school.  Wondering if we have any gunners here who are going to the same tasking/are already part of that troop/who have been part of it in the past.

All I've really been told is my departure date and the courses I will receive when I'm there.  Wondering if any guys with experience or more knowledge can kind of shed some light on what I'm getting myself into here

Talk to the guys in your Unit. More then a few of them have been there as support troop.
Good luck, you will learn lots and gain much experience from that tasking.

Have fun do your job well and ask lots of questions the school is the best place to learn. Everyone around you has loads of knowledge. Get involved just don't do your job this is a great opportunity for someone so young. Your unit in 5 tribe will be so much better off when you return full of experience.

Most of all have fun.
Ex BC Trg Sp Bty

Question...

Will I be issued the standard kit for the winter when I'm there?  I leave Sunday and don't think CFB Esquimalt will be to into giving me some of the winter stuff

You should draw the kit as per CTC joining intructions but also be sure to bring a certified true copy of your clothing docs as Gagetown QM requires this to issue you anything.( they probably don't but say they do, not my call, I don't make this s@#t up)

ctc joining instructions attached

Hah, good luck with the clothing stores out there, its way worse than esquimalt for actually giving kit out... I was arguing with them for a morning about how I didnt have a jacket and I needed one, but guess what, they didnt want to give me one. It will be fun times for you though.

Now dont be bashing QM stores at Gagetown, I have found them to be very proactive. If you have any questions PM Armyvern she will help you. If you all keep slagging Gagetown QM you will have Armyvern on this thread fast chewing you out. :)

Hopkins said:
Was just given a tasking out to Gagetown for a minimum of 6 months to be part of the field troop in support of the combat arms school.  Wondering if we have any gunners here who are going to the same tasking/are already part of that troop/who have been part of it in the past.

All I've really been told is my departure date and the courses I will receive when I'm there.  Wondering if any guys with experience or more knowledge can kind of shed some light on what I'm getting myself into here

And unlike what someone else has stated below...

If you are on B Class call-out, you will be issued your ICE as the other staff at the School receive if you don't have it already...

Edit: darn typos 

You will enjoy this, I'm sure. Make the best of it. There's nice people 'round here. I doubt you will have any problems with the kit.

Spring_bok said:
You should draw the kit as per CTC joining intructions but also be sure to bring a certified true copy of your clothing docs as Gagetown QM requires this to issue you anything.( they probably don't but say they do, not my call, I don't make this s@#t up)

ctc joining instructions attached

He's going as staff. Perhaps the school QM asked for a certified true copy of his clothing docs or the TF? It certainly won't be clothing asking for it...we can see his kit on the computer!! And Clothing in Gagetown asked you for a certified copy? Seeing as how clothing stores is not, never has been, a QM...I'm thinking not. I'm not making this s@#t up....I only supervised the place for the past 3 years.

Hopkins,

Local 3159. Call it as soon as you hit the ground and tell them you need an appt to be issued your shortfall field kit. Make sure that you bring your PLCC card from the School....It'll have your posn # on it and clothing will pull up your posn # on the master locater...that'll show you as B Class Staff. They'll issue you what you don't have. If the School has assigned you a sponser, give them your SN and ask them to book your appt for you so you can get in to get kitted as soon as you arrive.

davidhmd said:
I'm going to have to give props to Gagetown QM. I just came off a tasking there at LFAA TC and they hooked me up. Coming from Halifax it was nice, no slight to Halifax, just not a lot of army gear there.

Same thing as Esquimault!!

3rd Horseman said:
Armyvern,

That was fast, as usual Gagetown stores just rockin. :salute:

You really think so Herd?? I just clued in that Hopkins posted this on the 29 Sept....14 day turn-around for a response...Hmmm code 02 not an IOR!!  ;D

Still good to know with a few days left before taking off...Picked up my docs this evening and wasn't even given a kit list of what to have...sigh...I'll be heading down to CFB Esquimalt tho to get a fresh list of kit I already have

Cheers for the responses!!!

Call the orderly room and ask them for a copy of the kit you require. If all else fails Ask MWO Lougheed. Or Sgt Lewis.

Still the same crap as when I was there. Good luck on your tasking.

Cheers

Well I received all the old holed up crap as all the "Molitia" receive w00t!

It's not bad here, learning tons that's for sure

Just got back, and can say unequivocally, and decidedly , it sucks.......both ways,,,,,,,,, big time.

Back