• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Gagetown soldiers charged with drug trafficking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2006/12/14/nb-soldierscharged.html

Special thanks should go out to these 5 individuals for tarnishing the military's name.

2023 said:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2006/12/14/nb-soldierscharged.html
Special thanks should go out to these 5 individuals for tarnishing the military's name.

Or.....well done to those who investigated and brought charges to bear. Taking out the trash is a good thing.

potato

You got to understand 2023's unique sarcastic humour. What he meant to say was:
"These 5 #$@*^%$ *!@@^%$&  tarnish the military's professionalism."
But he is SHARP trained.

Which unit are the "accused" and were they scheduled to deploy?

I know one of these soldiers.  Funny, it does answer some questions.  Too bad that he has a family and kids to worry about.  Too bad for them, I mean.  He allegedely made his decision, and if convicted, then a very very poor one indeed IF CONVICTED.

Good on catching these guys IF CONVICTED.

St. Micheal's Medical Team said:
Which unit are the "accused" and were they scheduled to deploy?
Their names are now common-knowledge, but their unit/units are not.  Until released publically, then no comments should be made.  Let the PAFFO worry about that.

Hauptmann Scharlachrot said:
I know one of these soldiers.  Funny, it does answer some questions.  Too bad that he has a family and kids to worry about.  Too bad for them, I mean.  He allegedely made his decision, and if convicted, then a very very poor one indeed IF CONVICTED.

Good on catching these guys IF CONVICTED.

You know what, this individual obviously doesn't care about his family if he chose to do these alleged acts. Mind you, maybe he just thought the policy was a guide...........I feel sorry for his family.............

2023: ditto
I feel sorry for his family, but for those guys, IF CONVICTED, face a very serious road indeed:
This from the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act:
(3) Every person who contravenes subsection (1) or (2)

(a) subject to subsection (4), where the subject-matter of the offence is a substance included in Schedule I or II, is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for life;

Cocaine is in Schedule I, so, if convicted, these guys face life imprisonment, which, if I'm not mistaken, actually means "life" in Canada, not a "mere" 25 years.

Hauptmann Scharlachrot said:
2023: ditto
I feel sorry for his family, but for those guys, IF CONVICTED, face a very serious road indeed:
This from the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act:
(3) Every person who contravenes subsection (1) or (2)

(a) subject to subsection (4), where the subject-matter of the offence is a substance included in Schedule I or II, is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for life;

Cocaine is in Schedule I, so, if convicted, these guys face life imprisonment, which, if I'm not mistaken, actually means "life" in Canada, not a "mere" 25 years.

Dude, when's the last time somebody got life for drug offences?

For the love of God

People like this should be sent to Club Ed for 2 years then stoned , then kicked out of the Military , then stoned again

Did I mention they should be stoned ( Have rocks thrown at them not use the products they were selling  :threat:)

sigtech said:
For the love of God

People like this should be sent to Club Ed for 2 years then stoned , then kicked out of the Military , then stoned again

Did I mention they should be stoned ( Have rocks thrown at them not use the products they were selling   :threat:)

Hey there sigtech, you might want to lighten up a bit.........they have already been stoned more than once I am sure! LOL Seriously though, I don't think the death sentence (stoning)is applicable here.

sigtech said:
For the love of God

Did I mention they should be stoned ( Have rocks thrown at them not use the products they were selling   :threat:)

The norm is pretty much that without the stoning and then transfer to a Federal facility.

I don't know of any life sentences being awarded for drug trafficking.  In any event, this is a very serious crime with very serious implications for any person convicted of trafficking cocaine.  Sucks to be them, and I feel for their families (the kids), convicted or not, because the rumour mills will cause others to think low of them even if acquitted.

2023 said:
Hey there sigtech, you might want to lighten up a bit.........they have already been stoned more than once I am sure! LOL Seriously though, I don't think the death sentence (stoning)is applicable here.

Lighten up, sorry can't I have seen to many good men leave the forces when scum suckers like this stay around and foul up the forces as a whole.

If you are going to serve , serve with pride and follow the rules

Grumble Grumble #$%#3 munching #@$, @#$@, @#$@^

>:D

Just one question,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Why???????? I'm sure selling drugs isn't what these men initially signed up for, what a waste!!

fbr2o75 said:
Just one question,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Why???????? I'm sure selling drugs isn't what these men initially signed up for, what a waste!!

Is it really that hard to figure out? They were greedy.

IrishCanuck said:
Is it really that hard to figure out? They were greedy.

With a healthy mixture of stupid, and a dose of arrogance to think they wouldn't get caught.

I spent 16 years in the Reserves on various Class B and C service, maybe I was very naive back than, but I really don't remember one service member selling drugs. 

fbr2o75 said:

My guess is it's a tad more lucrative than soldiering - even in New Brunswick.

MM

fbr2o75 said:
I spent 16 years in the Reserves on various Class B and C service, maybe I was very naive back than, but I really don't remember one service member selling drugs. 

Over 25 years ago I was awarding lengthy detention sentences for drug possession and even trafficking, on a fairly regular basis - two or three times per year, in a unit with less than 750 all ranks.

We were told, by the RCMP and MPs, that the centre of our problem was CFB Borden - which was borne out by the fact that a disproportionately large share of those caught, tried and convicted had been to Borden in the not too distant past.

Edit: typo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back