• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Gagetown - PMQs while on course?

Ralph

Inactive
Reaction score
I’ll move my second question to this thread to simplify – will I have the opportunity to get a PMQ while doing my Infantry Phase II through IV at Gagetown? Depending on which stream I get into, I could be there for over a year (so I hear). Or is it considered a restricted posting if you’re on course?
Thanks,
Ralph.

Sorry about the last thread Ralph...

There is no simple answer to your question, as PMQ allotment is based on availability and priority. The school at Gagetown has no say in the matter if you get a PMQ or not, it is entirely up to the CFHA. You will live on base in barracks during the week and probably on any weekends that your course staff tells you to stay in house. However, they (the school) cannot tell your wife where to live. If you move your own furniture and effects to Gagetown, then you can live wherever you like on your spare time. I would suggest contacting the CFHA at Gagetown directly and seeing what it takes to get on their LIST.
A buddy of mine did the whole Infantry Officer Phase training at Gagetown a couple of years back. When he wasn‘t on course, he lived in single quarters on base, doing OJT at the various schools. This is when you could be living at home with your wife in Oromocto or Fredericton.

Keep in mind that the CF will not give you a cost-move until you are MOC qualified and posted to your first unit. There may be issues at that time in moving your F&E if it is not at your place of enrolment anymore.

Hope that helps a bit more than the last thread...

No, both threads helped a lot - thanks for everyone‘s answers.
Cheers,
Ralph.

Back