• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Future of the OPME program/Everything you ever wanted to know about OPME

From the OPME DL website,  course confirmations should be starting on Friday (24 Aug).

Good for you, best of luck. What did you get? I applied for the civics and the technology. Still waiting.

DCE001W and DCE002W confirmations came in for me today.  I've already done PSE402, and even when these two are done, assuming I score two more in the winter term, I still won't have all 6 before the program changes.  At least (hopefully) my credits will be Grandfathered into whatever new system is in place, and I can finish it off.  Any chance there's an organized page detailing the specifics of the CFJOD?  Will it still be free to NCM's to apply for and complete like the OPME's are?  Any advice?

Dumb question, but I can't seem to find the form to withdraw - I managed to get myself loaded into DCE 100 in both the english and french serials and Id like to free a space up for somebody................am I totally blind (on day 7 of chasing cadets so....) or does somebody have a copy of the form (if not I'll just contact RMC in the morning)

Its listed on the OPME website I believe, there's a specific withdraw form.

It is on your individual student home page as a link.  The link opens a PDF file with the form.

I recieved a confirmation e-mail yesterday from the OPME folks and was accepted for CF and Modern Society.

DEF002W... Can I assume that this is Intro to Military Law, en francais? After looking it up on the RMC website, the title of the course is in french, but the entire course description is completely in english. I do recall applying for DCE002, as well as others, but do not recall selecting this course. C'est la vie.

As an NCM who has just started his first two OPME courses, I am now curious. Is there any form of program forecasted for NCM's in the future, similar to OPME?

Hurricane said:
As an NCM who has just started his first two OPME courses, I am now curious. Is there any form of program forecasted for NCM's in the future, similar to OPME?

As far as i know, NCMPME will include something similar, geared for NCMs.

I apologize for my ignorance, but is NCMPME a new upcoming program or is it already in existence?

Hurricane said:
I apologize for my ignorance, but is NCMPME a new upcoming program or is it already in existence?
....NCMPME will include something similar, geared for NCMs.
The highlighted portion is what some call "future tense" -- it tends to indicate...well, "future"....as in, "upcoming," perhaps even "not yet extant."  :nod:

Ah yes of course, my lack of corrective lenses and the very small text on this iPod screen attributed to my misreading of CDNAviators post. Thank you however, for the clever reply to include definitions.

Just a quick question regarding OPMEs and our MPRRs.  I completed PSE402 last term, and have completed both DCE001 and DCE002 this term already, when can I expect to see them updated on my MPRR?  I realize from past experience that the MPRRs always seem a bit delayed with other courses and information updates.  Will DCE001 and 002 have to wait until the end of the term before they're submitted to be applied to our MPRRs?  Also, earlier it was noted that having 3 OPMEs completed benefited the NCM merit boards with one additional point per year for the rest of the member's career, however it has been pointed out that DCE001 and 002 aren't University level courses, do they still count towards the 1 point per annum, or must it be the 200 and 400 series courses?

Any of the 6 OPMEs count towards that extra point. It only took a couple weeks after the semester was over for my OPME to show up on my MPRR.

Does anyone have a contact number and email for the OPME people I could have to pass on? The one I have didn't work for someone.

Back