• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Funny story...Halifax Rats

Goober

Inactive
Reaction score
I was down the Halifax waterfront a few years back, during the summer tourist season, talking to a friend of mine who worked security down there. It was about 2 in the afternoon and it was about 30 degrees. Scorching hot. My buddy points out this huge wharf rat sitting in the shade of a lone tree by the sidewalk. This rat was huge, and ugly, had scars and a missing ear, could barely walk and it was searching for relief from the heat. So it plopped down on the sidewalk in the shade of the tree.

Well, about 5 or so minutes later an American tourist bus pulls up and parks about 20 feet away from the rat and the people start to pile out. Some start to window shop, other take pictures of the tall ships around the corner, but a group starts walking down the sidewalk towards this huge ugly rat. Then one of the tourists yells in excitement "LOOK! A BEAVER!!". The rest of the tourists proceede to whip out thier cameras and start taking pictures of this Canadian icon.

Me and my buddy couldn't help but find that humourous. I can picture when they go home and get thier film developed, and show the pics to some friends "Why does that beaver have such a skinny tail?"  :cdn:

LMAO, great story

silly Americans when will they learn.

BTW: Halifax is the greatest place to live. Boo Yah

lmao  ;D    Yea Halifax is great, except summer hasn't come yet.

30 degrees scorching hot? You wouldn't survive in Ontario in August. And it ain't that dry heat either it gets Africa hot. This year has been different. Speaking of silly American, I was in Kentucky for Southern drive a few years back and was approached by an American trooper in an Abrams. He takes a look at our C7s equipped with elcan sights and says in a true southern accent " Yall snipers?" Me "all 300 of us sir" He let out a low whistle then inquired and about my special forces head dress.( Balmoral)        :blotto:

LOL, ye we are all Green Beret's up here, we got that true skill, lol

BOOMER004 said:
30 degrees scorching hot? You wouldn't survive in Ontario in August. And it ain't that dry heat either it gets Africa hot. This year has been different. Speaking of silly American, I was in Kentucky for Southern drive a few years back and was approached by an American trooper in an Abrams. He takes a look at our C7s equipped with elcan sights and says in a true southern accent " Yall snipers?" Me "all 300 of us sir" He let out a low whistle then inquired and about my special forces head dress.( Balmoral)         :blotto:

Heh yea I know, it was 26 degrees the other day and I was dying. It doesn't get much hotter than 30 degrees here in NS :p

Goober said:
Heh yea I know, it was 26 degrees the other day and I was dying. It doesn't get much hotter than 30 degrees here in NS :p

We had one day this year that was like 32 degrees, and that was back in early June I think; we havn't come close since!  Too much rain here...  but the fog is ok ;D

i like the fog, it helps you cool down..Grant you, you can't see nothing, but it cools you down so...yea. ^-^

BOOMER004 said:
Speaking of silly American, I was in Kentucky for Southern drive a few years back and was approached by an American trooper in an Abrams. He takes a look at our C7s equipped with elcan sights and says in a true southern accent " Yall snipers?" Me "all 300 of us sir" He let out a low whistle then inquired and about my special forces head dress.( Balmoral)         :blotto:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh Good God almighty I almost missed that one!!!!!!!

Yes, Highlanders are Special Forces....armed with golf clubs, curling brooms and velcro gloves...AYE

Back