• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

From Recce to Leo

Schütze

Inactive
Reaction score
Good Day...

I know that most NCMs and Officers are sent to Recce units, but I've always wanted to crew an MBT. So how does one get from a Coyate to an C2- Promotion? Or, how is one chosen to be apart of an Amoured unit right after MOC?  :army:
                                                                                                      :tank:

Coyotes and Leopard C2's are both armoured vehicles found within the Armoured Corps.  It all depends on which Squadron within the Regiment to which you are assigned.

Actually, it depends - right now - on which regiment you're assigned to.  Only the LdSH(RC) in Edmonton has formal tank tasks.

The other regiments (RCD and 12 RBC) provide up to a tank troop to Strathcona squadrons, depending on where in the managed readiness cycle we are.  There are a very small number of tanks in Eastern Canada to facilitate training these soldiers, but the majority of the tanks are out West.

Thanks Teddy Ruxpin& Zoomie :cheers:

Does where you live affect what squadron you are assigned to? If I lived in Edmonton, Alberta would there be a larger chance that I would be assigned to LdSH than if I lived in Hamilton, Ontario?   :army:

Is there anything I can do that might help me be assigned to LdSH? Special Skills..?   :army:

Schütze said:
   Is there anything I can do that might help me be assigned to LdSH? Special Skills..?   :army:

You sure are lucky that you have a very polite crowd to answer that question in the negative. 

You'll go where the Corps/Army needs you the most.

Back