• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freemasonry

slang for Canadian Military.

I am hoping to talk to other masons who are in the military.

"slang for Canadian Military."
I've never heard of the CF being referred to as the MOB.
To answer the original question, there are lots of Masons in the CF.  Although, I'm not sure they will rise and be counted.

I'm sure most will. in today's craft there is more of a acceptability to discuss these things.

If there are any masons on this forum who do not wish to declare it here. Please feel free to email me to discuss a few things that will benefit us all

cpdavenport@firehall.com

MM

Gaspasser said:
"slang for Canadian Military."
I've never heard of the CF being referred to as the MOB.

I actually had to look this up. It's a US term meaning Military Order of Battle.

First off 211RadOp .... cool I never knew that. I have always referred to it as the mob and just thought it was slang

second off  the 48th regulator.

I am in the navy and in my first six year have been to 26 countries. That has indeed provided the opportunity to meet with other masons and the chance to begin friendships that still exist today.

Mason eh?

Wasn't the answer I was looking for....maybe you want to read my question again.

dileas

tess

When I was in the Navy we referred to the Navy and the military in general as
the mob. I believe it came form the term used after the second world war
when every one was de-mob-ilized. correct me if I am wrong.
RE: Freemasonry. Where did you first find it. :skull:

Ive heard it refered to that way by members of every element- not overly prevalent but out there none the less.

So you have visited the east, at one point then.

Just making sure you are on the level.  So you must then know how we are paid?

dileas

tess

1st: I have never heard the CF referred to as "the MOB"

2nd: this thread is getting dumb and going to get dumber. So, I'll lock it down before that happens. Any masons (should that be capitalized?) out there who want to contact the original poster, and carry on with your 'secret passwords' (or whatever the "mother" references and "east/west" thingies are) via pm, feel free to do so.

Kindest regards.

PigPen said:
Are there any freemasons out there

In future, there's ways to discuss this, without discussing portions of The Work in the open. ;)

PM

Back