• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freemasonry

Damn, and I thought I was being clear and concise!

Anyway, I'm just wondering whether a younger wannabe has the same chance of joining as an older, more mature wannabe. Clearer, now?

zanshin said:
Actually... apparently... Ontario boasts (or suffers through - depending how you look at it) 5 different "officially OK'd" rituals.  I'll go check on that and report back.  Well, actually I'll go watch Battlestar and then check on it...

OK, some fool (that would be me) stated a few posts ago that Ontario had 5 official rituals.

<sigh>

Please allow me to correct myself...  It's British Columbia that has 5, not Ontario (as you Ontarioians - how do you spell that? - probably already knew)

Frederik G said:
Damn, and I thought I was being clear and concise!

Anyway, I'm just wondering whether a younger wannabe has the same chance of joining as an older, more mature wannabe. Clearer, now?

No problem.  Here's your answer.  If you're 21, you're eligible.  If you believe in a single supreme being then Google your nearest lodge and give them a call.  The success of an application does not hinge on being barely 21 vs. some older and supposedly wiser age.  I've met plenty of guys who were quite mature at 21.

Mark

Then there's me, a VERY juvenile 45 year old!  :D

One more question, if I may.

Would the fact that I'm going to be moving away in less than three years (graduating from RMC) hamper my, ah, joining?

nope.  Not at all.  Your mother lodge will always be your mother lodge, but you can attend and (if you wish) join (affiliate) with whatever lodge you wind up near.

Kat Stevens said:
Then there's me, a VERY juvenile 45 year old!  :D

Aw, that's OK Kat, I'd vouch for ya (since you just taught me some stuff about medieval peasant armies...)

I come from 2000+ years of peasant soldiers, must be hive memory!

please have a look at this link as this it what I based my last post on. Bearing in mind I have not had time to fully research this myself and I am taking the author at his word.

http://www.masonicworld.com/education/files/artjul02/history_and_development_of_freem.htm

As with most thing Masonic we are prone to variation even in the same rite.
Not saying you are wrong and I am right but we ALL live and learn.
Fraternally
Tom

Hi all:
Been off for a day... zanshin is right-on! Your mother lodge is your mother lodge forever, but you can affiliate whenever you want. If you are posted short-time, you can sometimes arrange to "visit" for 6 months or so, but they prefer you to affiliate if you can.

Pronto

Excellent link Dragoon!  I'm embarassed to say that I haven't seen that one before...

Imagine!  Learnin' bout the craft on army.ca! 

zanshin

thanks but all I did was a little surfing. But it is becoming quite the learning experience and as you say on Army.CA!!!!! who would have thought it :salute:

Fraternally

Tom

Just a quick note
Today is the day that a good Bro won the first Canadian VC all be it with him serving with the British Army. :salute:

1854 - VC won by Lt Alexander Roberts Dunn, 11th (Prince Albert‘s Own) Regiment of Hussars, at  Balaclave, The Charge of the Light Brigade

A Canadian, who also was part of a Lodge in Toronto!

He is buried in Africa, after dieing from and accident on a  hunting trip.  More can be read at this blog;

http://gaotu.blogspot.com/2006/06/alexander-roberts-dunn-vc.html

dileas

tess

Just a point about Col Dunn.  In 2001 during the UNMEE mission in Eritrea the Canadian Coy Gp was based in Senafe where Col Dunn is buried.  The camp was named after him, Camp Dunn, and his grave was refurbished during the course of the mission.

D

Please check out this link to the Alberta Freemason wrt Bro Dunn

http://www.freemasons.ab.ca/AbFM/ABF0611.pdf

Hope you enjoy it

Fraternally

Tom

Dragoon19 said:
Any pics of the grave site out there?

Yes,

On the bloggers site that I left a link for;

dunngraveVC.jpg

dileas