• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freemasonry

Shamrock

Plse give me a PM, and you location within Canada. And I will endeavour to point you in the right direction

Dragoon 19

Freemasonry is not a religion and makes no pretence to be one - but
it does, however, require that a man believe in a Supreme being.
MEN OF ALL FAITHS have become Freemasons because the principles
Freemasonry espouses are compatible with the teachings of the recognized faiths
of the world.

One of the unique features of Freemasonry is that no man is ever invited to become
a member. Freemasons are prohibited from the solicitation of new members. For
that reason, it is sometimes difficult for an interested person to discover how to approach the
fraternity for membership.

It is easy, however to find out, Just contact a Freemason and ask him about Freemasonry.

And my granny is 183.

Enlightenment is so rewarding. If only I could stop hittting my head with that hammer ;D
Any Stories from the brethren here of how they found the craft. For me it was partly
predestined in the fact that most of my family have been travelling men for generations
and my own intense interest. My only regret is that I did not join when I was in the
Navy.

;D  If someone asks if Freemasons control the world ... just smile and reply "not yet" ;)

seriously here is some Freemasonry links for all to see,  lots of infomation here and good links

http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/grandlodge.html  

The Grand Lodge of New Brunswick has an excellent site featuring a wealth of information concerning Freemasonry...
http://www.glnb.ca

Within that site he has a great FAQ page...
http://www.glnb.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=112&Itemid=17

If you're looking for someone whom you can contact directly who is not only extremely well-versed in Freemasonry, but also is very adept at discussing the topic (since those two don't always go hand in hand...  ::) ) you can contact the webmaster, Bill Boone.  He's a good friend of mine and I highly recommend him as a point of contact for anyone interested in learning about the fraternity.  (Plus, the old fart is retired so he's got all the time in the world to talk to you!  ;D )  Tell him I said "hi" when you contact him.  (Oh, he's also got the credentials... he's currently the Deputy Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of New Brunswick.)

hope this helps (and I wish I had more time to stop and discuss...),

Mark Golder
PM Carleton #35

P.S.  I just took a quick look at the text from a talk I gave at a lodge across the province last year.  It's entitled "What Do Masons Do?"  Instead of dumping the whole thing on here, I've snipped out one part that stands by itself quite well.

Freemasonry uses symbolism from geometry and architecture as metaphors for building a perfect man.  We refer to how the architect aspires to design the perfect building (using the square, compass, level, plumb, trowel, etc.) and then reapply those same instruments to the building of a perfect man (e.g. the square? Square your actions with the square of virtue… the trowel? Spread the cement of brotherly love and affection…)  I could go on and on with those because I love the beautiful meaning that they each have!  But instead, here’s a quote for you from a beautiful lecture, (from the second degree) entitled “The Letter G”.

“Tools and implements of architecture, symbols most expressive, have been selected by the fraternity to imprint on the mind wise and serious truths, and thus, through a succession of ages, are transmitted, unimpaired, the most excellent tenets of our institution.”

So, a new Mason plays the part of the central figure in 3 beautiful theatrical productions (plays if you will) put on (from memory) by the officers of the lodge.  During each of those 3 degrees he hears frequent allusion to the building of King Solomon’s temple.  As each tool is mentioned, it is metaphorically applied to the improvement of the individual man.

Hmm, that seems strange that I'm quoting myself...  Well, bear with me, I haven't got much time for fancy edits - I've got to get back to my course.

Regards,
Mark

(Plus, the old fart is retired so he's got all the time in the world to talk to you!   )  Tell him I said "hi" when you contact him.  (Oh, he's also got the credentials... he's currently the Deputy Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of New Brunswick.)

Cool - Our lodge had one of these too! Retired Masons are so neat, they've got time to memorise absolutely everything, and read more than anyone. Really fun guys to talk to. I think every lodge needs one.

48th Regular

My ink is on that link - wonder which one?

Fraternally

Dragoon19
POTS

Ok... serious question.

Say for people such as myself who have already sworn allegiance to
another fraternity (during university)

Is there a populations/percentage of masons who also come from
a similar background of college/university fraternities of men and then
go on to join masonry?

Yes,

We infact host a local University Fraternity to visit the Lodge, anually, with their members.

dileas

tess

That's comforting

Because we all know that I am in a fraternity and I think such
organizations (when run properly) can do wonders for people and community.

And the part about believing in a higher power... well, I think we
all know I can pretty much attest to that  :D

I can't say that I'm not interested. Just need to sort out minor details
in my life before I can investigate/inquire further.

I was wondering? Can you be Catholic and a mason? I read the Pope does not like Freemasonry.

I've had a very masonic week, firstly I found out just how masonic my Fraternity's ritual is, and then I ended up hanging out with my friend, who's a past miss internation for Jobe's Daughters, while she was hanging out iwht some younger masons. Then I end up finding this thread... weird week :p

Warvstar said:
I was wondering? Can you be Catholic and a mason? I read the Pope does not like Freemasonry.
Absolutely. I am both - well - more lapsed in the former... There are lots of former papal bulls on some very very odd viewings of the craft by religious leaders... All crap. All based on false premises. In my lodge, there were many many catholics, and lutherans. If you have questions, just PM me (or Tess) , anytime.

Pronto

Warvstar said:

I am both,

Yes due to the "Secret" nature of Masonry, Catholics are forbidden to join as per the vatican and various bull (as pronto pointed out).

meh, I attend mass and I go to lodge.  Call me a conundrum.

dileas

tess

Back