• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freemasonry

the 48th regulator

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
0
Points
410
Great article in this month's Issue of the The Ontario Mason, about a brother's second tour overseas in the Sandbox;

Details can also be  seen online

http://theontariomason.com/northern_districts/georgian_south/9.html

dileas

tess
 

Steel Badger

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
PigPen said:
For the information of any Masons who might be heading to A-Stan there is a lodge in KAF. Widows Son Military Lodge #202.

Do they have room for an EA? I had just joined my lodge prior to reporting for workup training?

Cheers

SB
 

the 48th regulator

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
0
Points
410
Steel Badger said:
Do they have room for an EA? I had just joined my lodge prior to reporting for workup training?

Cheers

SB

There should aways be room, all you would have to do is prove yourself.

As long as you are not a bag of toys, the squeaky kind ;)

dileas

tess
 

Chimo

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Our Lodge #185 Balmoral Lodge GRA in St Albert, sends a specially produced coin to all our deployed Brethen of the Lodge.  :salute:
 

John Nayduk

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
That coin is awesome!  I have bumped into a few brothers here at the PRT but I wonder how many of us thee are here.  I don't get a chance to get to KAF enough to attend lodge but I would certainly like to try.  PM me with meeting times please.
 

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
75
Points
530
PigPen said:
http://www.gbp.net/rtj/coin/index.html

Does anyone have an extra one of these they'd be willing to part with and sell to a Brother? The site is sold out. PM me if you've got an extra one.
 

gcclarke

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hmmm I'm glad this thread saw some movement after a year of inaction. I'm not a Freemason as of yet, but recently applied to join. I had my interview with the investigative committee this past Wednesday. Hopefully things go well. :)
 

wildfong

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
WOW 48th thanx for combining My 2 passions.
What I value most is the camaraderie of the Lodge Brethren.  The only place I have found it outside the military.  BTW I am the cuurent IPM of Grand River Lodge #151 GRC.  CHeck out our site.  Lots of good education to be had and absorbed.
www.waterloomasons.com
 

Danno1

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Bump!

Thanks for answering our questions guys.

I'm keen on joining and have been considering it for a few years, now would be a great time. I'm in the GTA and there are many lodges, I don’t know if there are any differences between them or how to distinguish them.

I get the vibe there are a few GTA Masons here. Could you please PM me? It would be great to join a lodge with fellow CF members or hopefuls. I'm Asking One to Be One  ;)

BTW about me: I applied for DEO Regular in January, and am considering HMCS York as a Reserve, preferably MARS.
 

the 48th regulator

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
0
Points
410
Danno1 said:
Bump!

Thanks for answering our questions guys.

I'm keen on joining and have been considering it for a few years, now would be a great time. I'm in the GTA and there are many lodges, I don’t know if there are any differences between them or how to distinguish them.

I get the vibe there are a few GTA Masons here. Could you please PM me? It would be great to join a lodge with fellow CF members or hopefuls. I'm Asking One to Be One  ;)

BTW about me: I applied for DEO Regular in January, and am considering HMCS York as a Reserve, preferably MARS.

http://www.tdvmasons.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=29&Itemid=29

Remembrance lodge has a strong military tradition, and many members from the military;

586 - Remembrance
2nd Friday - Thornhill
W. Bro. Bob Niddery
905-726-2037
rniddery@rogers.com

As well as these lodges, that have a strong military membership;

592 - Fairbank
1st Monday - York
W. Bro. Sean Clark
416-503-8547
qyranger@gmail.com

Secretary:
W. Bro. William McCormack
905-668-5652
secretary592@gmail.com

156 - York
2nd Monday - York
W Bro Julian Forbes
519-941-9521
jjforbes@rogers.com

Secretary:
R W Bro Gordon Forbes
905-775-1403
gforbes4900@rogers.com

Secretary:
R.W. Bro. Keith Macdonald
416-948-1066
kfmacdonald@msn.com
 

Danno1

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Thanks 48th regulator.

According to grandlodge.ca, 586 meets in Thornhill, while 592 and 156 meet above the DVP. Aside from the location and meeting times, is there more to consider? ie. are the member counts similar across the lodges?

I know you can attend other lodges, but I don't want to look like a window shopper or disloyal to start.

 

the 48th regulator

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
0
Points
410
Danno1 said:
Thanks 48th regulator.

According to grandlodge.ca, 586 meets in Thornhill, while 592 and 156 meet above the DVP. Aside from the location and meeting times, is there more to consider? ie. are the member counts similar across the lodges?

I know you can attend other lodges, but I don't want to look like a window shopper or disloyal to start.


The only thing is there has been a push to have people join local lodges.  That being said, for a while they were discouraging you from living in a certain Masonic district, and going to a lodge in another, as your primary lodge.

Numbers on the ones I gave you are healthy, for each lodge, and can boast some great traditions, as well.

I know the Master from the Lodges, and can attest to phenomenal leadership.

dileas

tess
 

Danno1

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Sounds good to me!

I know the Master from the Lodges, and can attest to phenomenal leadership.

You mean the "Master from the lodge", or the "Masters from the Lodges"?

I live in Etobicoke so those lodges are not local, but I am interested in the CF and the military community, and add your endorsement, so those lodges are appealing. I hope it's not a problem, I'll be forthcoming about it.

Thanks again  :)
 
Top