• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Telling anyone to ‘quit whining’ in this thread would be an exercise in futility, so I won’t bother.
Ooooh, BURN! Good one. You mean a thread about .000001% of the population whining about some honking horns and mean people requiring the government to decide it's a national threat and declare war on it's own citizens? you're right, complete waste of time.

In other news,

The country is already divided, why not go after Sally from Flin Flon because she donated $20 to the convoy...

It's unlikely to amount to anything, but the act itself just pours more gas on the fire.

I mean... Fukk around and find out, I guess.
Actually, I take it back, a little. I do feel bad for probably a lot of the donors. I bet a lot of them had very little knowledge of the core tennants of the worst of the convoy protestors, and probably weren't aware either of the mayhem and pain they were causing downtown, and were likely donating to support what they thought was no more than a protest of government over reach.

The country is already divided, why not go after Sally from Flin Flon because she donated $20 to the convoy...

It's unlikely to amount to anything, but the act itself just pours more gas on the fire.
Punitive and if it stands adds fuel to a smouldering fire.

Ooooh, BURN! Good one. You mean a thread about .000001% of the population whining about some honking horns and mean people requiring the government to decide it's a national threat and declare war on it's own citizens? you're right, complete waste of time.
Considering the whole convoy was about whining about having to wear a cloth mask or being afraid to get a shot or not then yeah….

Oh wait it was never really about all that was it…

I mean... Fukk around and find out, I guess.
That will set a precedent for any and all protests and recovery of loss by the "victims". Sounds good. Hopefully they will back date it to The previous owners of the Trans Mountain Pipeline. The protest caused delays costing in the billions and still doing so. Logging Industry in BC that gets regular protests will be able to sue.
I love it when a plan comes together.

core tennants of the worst of the convoy protestors
This is one of those dastardly situations where I can't correct someone's English because I don't know if they made one of the classic blunders or they're just being very creative...

@Remius Whaddya mean? What was it about, then?

I'm generally on the pro-vaccine side, I just don't think it had to be forced on people (given it didn't reduce infection rates at all), so to me the protest seemed completely valid, even though I staunchly opposed it because keeping innocents awake and using potential weapons of mass murder (trucks, as seen in France, US) for political purposes is unacceptable.

Forgive The Doctor GIF by Doctor Who

Ding ding ding. At least I’m not an elected official who destroys a country while doing it behind a smug smile.
So you can wait to leave this ‘shit bucket’ (Canada) behind. Glad we cleared that up.

You still haven’t answered my question. If you “can’t wait to get out of this shit bucket” (I think that was your wording), what are you actually still waiting for, and why are you here? Is this one of those things where you’ll rant online that the government is effectively sodomizing you, but you’re grudgingly happy to keep quietly showing up, contributing to the realization of their defence policy, and taking their pay check so that one day you can take their pension?

The world’s your oyster, my dude. I’m sure with your skillset and years of military experience, you’d be readily employable plying your trade in one of those other places if you actively want to leave Canada. Planes need fixing everywhere.

Except that I don’t actually think you do want that. I think you just want to be seen and heard to want that.
I generally agree with this sentiment and want more people to realize they can quit the CAF, stop suckling on the Government teet and be completely fine.

Military and organizations like Police Forces 😉 condition people psychologically to think they can't do anything else. It's all part of their plan to coerce people to stay.

They even put up massive administrative roadblocks to make it difficult for someone to leave and they make doing things like withdrawing your pension extremely burdensome. It's all part of their coercion strategy.

I also think mass resignations are one of the best ways to effect changes on a public institution. If an institution is faltering, it needs to be smashed in to dust, not strung along on life support.

Look at the CAF right now, it's borderline combat ineffective but I don't think it's bled enough yet. I think it needs a catastrophic failure and needs to be seen as a continued massive source of embarrassment for the Government for real change to occur. I could say the same thing about a number of our other garbage public institutions as well 😄

So yes, please continue to encourage others to quit. I do it myself and have provided similar advice to a number of people. I don't think that was your intent and think you were merely trying to gaslight @Quirky but I think it was great advice.

It's certainly easier to say "Quit if you don't like it" than actually listening to people's grievances 😎

Look at the CAF right now, it's borderline combat ineffective but I don't think it's bled enough yet. I think it needs a catastrophic failure and needs to be seen as a continued massive source of embarrassment for the Government for real change to occur. I could say the same thing about a number of our other garbage public institutions as well 😄
You mean like the current executive arm of Government? 😉

I generally agree with this sentiment and want more people to realize they can quit the CAF, stop suckling on the Government teet and be completely fine.

Getting a gov salary is hardly suckling on the teet, that’s reserved for your endless social assistance receivers. I’m under 5 years to pension and I don’t hate my job and location enough to throw it away in the short term, I’m not giving the feds that satisfaction. Long term, bye bye.

This is one of those dastardly situations where I can't correct someone's English because I don't know if they made one of the classic blunders or they're just being very creative...
It was neither. I meant tenets but spelled out tenants. I find I do that a lot lately (spell out a word that sounds like but is not the word I mean) and am constantly finding such errors in my emails...

The descriptors he used were "racist", "misogynist", and "anti-vax".
Yes. And?

Also, those three terms were specifically used in relation to a completely separate protest, not the Convoy protest, and in THAT protest, he did not call protestors "misogynists", he said they lashed out with "misogynistic attacks". Huzzah for media spin.

What he did do in a completely separate interview was call the fiercest anti-vaxxers to be racist and misogynist. Vaccine resistance movements have always been led by white, middle-class voices and promoted by structures of racial inequality.

Back