• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Even with the redactions, it'll be intriguing to see what gets thru.

Meanwhile, way to maintain the high ground ...
I’m willing to wager that “not much” makes it through redaction…Trudeau et Cie., being the stalwart supporters of electoraly-promised transparency that they are, agree that ensuring visibility of some of the government’s most important decisions to date…

Remember, as ‘WE’ know 😉 , “past performance *may or may not imply future performance….”
3CDA911C-C68B-403B-AC00-93613237510E.jpeg

Last edited:
The previous CPC government under Harper weren't terribly transparent either, so a lot of performative demos for soundbites on both sides over the years. I'm sure if the government flips there will be more of the same from whoever is in power.

Just wish they would stop pretending they will be different, when they are generally just differently scented piles of manure when in power.

I’m willing to wager that “not much” makes it through redaction…Trudeau et Cie., being the stalwart supporters of electoraly-promised transparency that they are, agree that ensuring visibility of some of the government’s most important decisions to date…

Remember, as ‘WE’ know 😉 , “past performance *may or may not imply future performance….”
View attachment 71693

Geez....

What happened to the good old days when media outlets curated teams of snitches throughout government so they could heartily contradict government posturing? ;)

What happened to the good old days when media outlets curated teams of snitches throughout government so they could heartily contradict government posturing? ;)
The reporters at higher levels still do. Now, though, when MSM quotes "unnamed gov't sources" now, either 1) folks believe them because confirmation bias, or 2) folks don't believe them because they're just bureaucrats (perhaps even subverted to the whims of the ruling party, or at least being parochial & protecting their iron rice bowls).

The sort of redactions I’m speculating about would likely be S.38 Canada Evidence Act stuff- national security intelligence, etc. Even reporters’ snitches will generally be pretty carefully about stuff that’s legit classified. Actual intelligence product, etc. Though I would guess we’ll see some declassification of some portions of intelligence assessments that informed the decision.

Dude had a warrant out of Toronto, and vaulted the fence/barriers in front of a bunch of Parliamentary Protective Service. Bit of a dumb stunt to pull. My understanding is he was already known and recognized from some confrontations captured on video in February. All of this is open source.

There will be more. The rogues gallery began arriving today and a few insisted on making their presence known. They’re getting absolutely zero play from police or PPS. They get to choose whether they eff around. They don’t get to choose whether they find out.

Does anyone know if this person was 5F'd or not? If he was, he would no longer be legally considered to be a veteran.

That’s not accurate at all. If you want a legal definition of “Veteran”, look to the Veterans Well Being Act. “Veteran” is simply defined as “a former member”. “Member”, in turn, is defined as “officer” or “non commissioned member” under the NDA.

You do not lose any legal status as a veteran for being 5Fed. 5F release items come with the notation “honourably released”. It just means you’re no longer particularly useful because of things within your control, not that you’re a disgrace.

VAC defines a Veteran as "Any former member of the Canadian Armed Forces who successfully underwent basic training and is honourably discharged."

But if he was released under any category 1 or 2 he would be.

VAC defines a Veteran as "Any former member of the Canadian Armed Forces who successfully underwent basic training and is honourably discharged."

But if he was released under any category 1 or 2 he would be.
That’s also words on a webpage, not a legal definition.

The word “honourable” appears only once in the VWBA, with one linked clause in the Veterans Well Being Regulations. That one instance restricts the Education and Training Benefit to CAF members who were “honourably released”, which, yes, the regs define as release items 3, 4, and 5. But that limitation appears limited in scope to that one particular benefit. Dismissal from the forces for disciplinary reasons doesn’t appear to strip any legal status as a “veteran”, or eligibility for other benefits like income replacement.

It just means you’re no longer particularly useful because of things within your control, not that you’re a disgrace.
Technically true but being 5F released still comes with the stigma that you're being kicked out of the military for being junk.

Technically true but being 5F released still comes with the stigma that you're being kicked out of the military for being junk.
Yup. I was just being more tactful than that. I had initially used and then erased the word ‘suck’. I stuck to speaking to technicalities.

Back