• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Team red is getting perilously close to upsetting a very sizable portion of their 905 & 604 base, I think. Gerald “I’m no longer working for my university pal, Justin” Butts is probably crunching the secret LPC survey numbers and realizing that Trudeau’s sweeping “fringe” comments are starting to build back-pressure. I say that within 48-72 hours we see Trudeau give some thin, non-apology on the issue and that some simply experienced his statement differently than he intended, blah, blah, blah…lest he and Team Red own sliding polling numbers in 23/24…

The LPC is well aware that in 2015 Harper lost the election, and that in the two subsequent efforts, their leader has failed to get a majority (even after papering the streets with money in 2021). If not for the CPC ineptitude of Scheer followed by O'Toole (a Canadian version of Scheer), 2021 would have seen a change of government.

Like the Black Block thugs clomping in to BLM rallies? Not invited, but show up anyway. No one that I’ve seen hasn’t acknowledged that there are some extreme folks latching on.

Or do you mean that a large fraction of Canada’s independent truckers are Nazis?

This is not and has never been an independent trucker rally. The majority of those attending are not truckers - driving a F150 does not make you a trucker. Nor does having a riding lawn mower. The main organizers are skilled grifters who have used the same recipe many times. It's following the time honoured technique of

1. Create an event.
2. Create controversy and fundraise from the marks.
3. Profit.

(See: Ezra, time and time again)

This is not and has never been an independent trucker rally. The majority of those attending are not truckers - driving a F150 does not make you a trucker. Nor does having a riding lawn mower. The main organizers are skilled grifters who have used the same recipe many times. It's following the time honoured technique of

1. Create an event.
2. Create controversy and fundraise from the marks.
3. Profit.

(See: Ezra, time and time again)
Seems like an awfully convenient way to dismiss their concerns without a shred of proof.

Seems like an awfully convenient way to dismiss their concerns without a shred of proof.

There are known right wing agents running this. There are press contacts threatening to hang journalists.

There are people with concerns they are trying to express.

There are others trying to cynically profit off it.

Protests draw idiots and opportunists.

Idiots and opportunists at protests draw other idiots and opportunists who like to draw attention to the idiots and opportunists at protests.

Best to just ignore both groups.

Meanwhile, a lot of people are blowing off steam, many for reasons not particularly connected to vax mandates for cross-border truckers. It would be foolish to react to that by trying to close the lid on the cooker, but some authorities have been known to be that stupid.

Not all the truck drivers I saw on Hwy 1 blowing horns today were white boys, by any stretch of imagination.

I wouldn't call putting a hat on his head and wrapping a flag around his back defacing.

Spray painting and tearing down past PMs and other statues in the name of wokeness is defacing.
Doing anything to the statue is not on. Defending that sort of thing isn’t either.

If they wanted to separate themselves from the extremists, they failed.

They will be judged by the company they keep.
Now do Antifa, NDP, Liberal Party, Free Palestine protests, BLM...

You'll find idiots latching onto causes everywhere, but it seems like only "right wing" ones get exposed and full court pressure from the media to find them. Keep searching for that confirmation bias and ignore the issue. Better yet, run your own counter protest. You can call it the "Vax pass, masks and lockdowns forever Convoy 2022". You'll probably get a couple people to show up.

Maybe Gen Eyre should place a 24/7 sentry on the Tomb like the US does, probably stop morons from doing this every few weeks.

I was walking on the parkway by the Rideau Canal and I saw some of the protesters skating on the canal with flags and walking by the canal. All the shops at the Rideau Centre, large mall in downtown Ottawa, were closed. I had stopped to use the washroom (old man tiny bladder). The protesters inside were not wearing masks and yelling "Freedom". I was conspicuous because I was wearing a mask, limping with my cane, not carrying / wearing the Cdn flag and not yelling "Freedom" every few minutes. With the exception of them not wearing masks and yelling "Freedom" they were generally respectful and obeyed the rules. I didn't see any Nazi flags but I stayed away from Parliament Hill.
What did upset me was seeing the Cdn Flag being carried on a wooden stick hanging from the bumpers of many, many, many pickup trucks. When the pickup trucks stopped the Cdn Flag drooped and touched the ground. The flag was sullied by dirty snow and slush. They obviously didn't know that the national flag should never touch the ground.

Now do Antifa, NDP, Liberal Party, Free Palestine protests, BLM...

You'll find idiots latching onto causes everywhere, but it seems like only "right wing" ones get exposed and full court pressure from the media to find them. Keep searching for that confirmation bias and ignore the issue. Better yet, run your own counter protest. You can call it the "Vax pass, masks and lockdowns forever Convoy 2022". You'll probably get a couple people to show up.

Maybe Gen Eyre should place a 24/7 sentry on the Tomb like the US does, probably stop morons from doing this every few weeks.
Stop the whataboutism. If antifa was doing that crap we’d be all over it too. None of those groups are there right now dancing on the tomb , carrying confederate flags or Nazi flags etc êtes.

I have to ask why you are ok with this stuff?

Back