• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

I guess that he is still in the military. I didn't realize that he was a Warrant Officer (which I'm sure that he won't be after the trial). Which unit is he from?
Sounds like I was misinformed on this. I had understood him to have been 5Fed. So heā€™s still lying about the ā€˜dishonourable dischargeā€™ if heā€™s not even out, but I relied on bad info. My apologies for that. It doesnā€™t change any of my stated opinions, FWIW.

Sounds like I was misinformed on this. I had understood him to have been 5Fed. So heā€™s still lying about the ā€˜dishonourable dischargeā€™ if heā€™s not even out, but I relied on bad info. My apologies for that. It doesnā€™t change any of my stated opinions, FWIW.
Has he actually lied? I haven't seen this at all. He spoke to reporters the other day and said "he was being released".

He is a Reservist now so would be required to actually parade.

My understanding is all the unvaccinated members were working their way through the Administrative Process. We had a few at my former unit and they still had to go through the entire AR Process so it would take some time.

They also had a very specific way they were doing it. It involved interviews and escalating levels of administrative action.

James knowingly wore his uniform to bring attention to himself. He said so in the above linked article and he also was passionate enough about it to accept the consequences of that decision. He is going to get his day in Court now where he will get the chance to defend his actions.

Has he actually lied? I haven't seen this at all. He spoke to reporters the other day and said "he was being released".

He is a Reservist now so would be required to actually parade.

My understanding is all the unvaccinated members were working their way through the Administrative Process. We had a few at my former unit and they still had to go through the entire AR Process so it would take some time.

They also had a very specific way they were doing it. It involved interviews and escalating levels of administrative action.

James knowingly wore his uniform to bring attention to himself. He said so in the above linked article and he also was passionate enough about it to accept the consequences of that decision. He is going to get his day in Court now where he will get the chance to defend his actions.
The AR process for this was shortened and expedited. That process should have been completed months ago. Now the reserve release process might be the issue lol.

He may have received his notice of intent to release but the actual steps to release him (ie medical if applicable, kit return etc) might be why heā€™s still technically in.

The AR process for this was shortened and expedited. That process should have been completed months ago. Now the reserve release process might be the issue lol.

He may have received his notice of intent to release but the actual steps to release him (ie medical if applicable, kit return etc) might be why heā€™s still technically in.
Yep and I still know people that are going through the process that "should have been completed months ago". Some of them asked to VR and were curiously denied as well.

IMO, the whole Anti-Vaxx thing is no different than Conscientious Objection, it should be treated as such.

Release these people but do it in a dignified manner instead of going all Orwell 1984. The way we've gone about this is just going to create more problems in the future šŸ˜‰

a64.jfif.jpg

Wow, thatā€™s a bit surprising. The JP absolutely hammered her on the secondary and tertiary grounds for custody, and he was also quite careful in his reasoning- clearly he expects the bail decision to be reviewed before a judge like it was the first time.

Presumably theyā€™ll be looking to reschedule her trial for considerably sooner. The emerging evidence from another one of the organizersā€™ cell phones that was revealed in the bail hearing was enlightening as to her alleged motives.

The trial will definitely be interestingā€¦

Wow, thatā€™s a bit surprising. The JP absolutely hammered her on the secondary and tertiary grounds for custody, and he was also quite careful in his reasoning- clearly he expects the bail decision to be reviewed before a judge like it was the first time.

Presumably theyā€™ll be looking to reschedule her trial for considerably sooner. The emerging evidence from another one of the organizersā€™ cell phones that was revealed in the bail hearing was enlightening as to her alleged motives.

The trial will definitely be interestingā€¦

Her defence team needs to hammer away that murderers and rapists get bail, breach conditions and are arrested only to be released again. While it really has no bearing IMO on the case public opinion can be swayed.

This is looking more like persecution than prosecution.

Her defence team needs to hammer away that murderers and rapists get bail, breach conditions and are arrested only to be released again. While it really has no bearing IMO on the case public opinion can be swayed.

This is looking more like persecution than prosecution.
Literally all of that is irrelevant. The legal proceedings will turn on whether the alleged offences can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, and any review of the bail decision will turn on whether it was legally correct and/or whether thereā€™s any material change to circumstances. Public opinion doesnā€™t and shouldnā€™t come in to play. Her case will be adjudicated only on its own merits.

Literally all of that is irrelevant. The legal proceedings will turn on whether the alleged offences can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, and any review of the bail decision will turn on whether it was legally correct and/or whether thereā€™s any material change to circumstances. Public opinion doesnā€™t and shouldnā€™t come in to play. Her case will be adjudicated only on its own merits.
Hmmm.

Last edited:
Reactions: QV
Public opinion doesnā€™t and shouldnā€™t come in to play.

Wish it were so. I'm too jaded to notice any more when I come across arguments that are variations of "courts need to listen to the people", and I wonder how many people on the inside of the "system" think that way.

oh yeah snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Dude pass the Koolaid! OK Bad joke!

Seriously though, Public Opinion shouldn't come in to play, but it does sometimes šŸ˜‰

The justices will render decisions that to the best of their knowledge will withstand legal scrutiny and challenge. Particularly as it pertains to the criminal charges, weā€™re only just starting to learn some of the additional material in the possession of investigators and already disclosed to crown and likely defense, which informs both the seriousness of the underlying offences and some of the perceived risk of reoffending.

If anyone wants to actually look through the decisions today or previously and argue the primary, secondary, and tertiary bail grounds, have at ā€˜er. So far Iā€™ve not seen anything coming out of the courts that wasn't well reasoned and defensible.

The justices will render decisions that to the best of their knowledge will withstand legal scrutiny and challenge. Particularly as it pertains to the criminal charges, weā€™re only just starting to learn some of the additional material in the possession of investigators and already disclosed to crown and likely defense, which informs both the seriousness of the underlying offences and some of the perceived risk of reoffending.

If anyone wants to actually look through the decisions today or previously and argue the primary, secondary, and tertiary bail grounds, have at ā€˜er. So far Iā€™ve not seen anything coming out of the courts that wasn't well reasoned and defensible.
All OS is saying, and I agree, is that 3 cases later once all the cameras and scribes are gone the asshole with 3 previous breaches of bail, and looking at his fourth weapons charge, just walked out like it was nothing.

We've both seen it many many times......

All OS is saying, and I agree, is that 3 cases later once all the cameras and scribes are gone the asshole with 3 previous breaches of bail, and looking at his fourth weapons charge, just walked out like it was nothing.

We've both seen it many many times......
Yup!

Other than be a massive nuisance, what has Tamara Lich actually done?

Perma-Jail for conspiring with others in the orchestration of the World's largest illegal parking/traffic violation event šŸ˜„

Annoying as all hell = yes

Dangerous Offender that we must keep behind bars indefinitely = šŸ¤Ø

The government would never politically interphere with, or apply political pressure to legal proceedings, right?
209127.jpg

Oh god.... you went there šŸ˜†

Or this awesome headline:

RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki tried to ā€˜jeopardizeā€™ mass murder investigation to advance Trudeauā€™s gun control efforts​

šŸ¤

The batteries in my ā€œpretending to be surprised faceā€ have run out of juiceā€¦

1657339442126.gif

Back