• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Assets and funds have been seized pending litigation. It won’t be 306 million by any means but I hope they squeeze as much as they can out of them.
We can only hope they have their homes repossessed.

Too bad the former chief of police wasn't included. I read he got quite the decent severence package.

. . . I think it would be wise for the province and some of the cities to quietly maintain a modest inventory of heavy wreckers.
[/QUOTE]

The Ontario government has already announced that they are funding heavy wreckers for the OPP. I'm not sure how well that will go. Another thing to designate and train special operators, hours committed to maintain some level of currency, heavy equipment maintenance, storage etc. (where do you haul a seized rig - or several - if you don't want to involve a private operator?), etc. I would assume the designated members won't really need technical recovery training, just basic 'hook and haul'. I would prefer they go the the MTO and designate some operators as special constables. The MTO has more of a 'big truck' culture.

It reminds me of a mid-70s crippling snowstorm, after which they bought several tracked snow buses. They pretty much sat and rusted until they were disposed of several years later.

We can only hope they have their homes repossessed.

Too bad the former chief of police wasn't included. I read he got quite the decent severence package.
Exactly, show those evil working class western scum what happens when they mess with the peace of good people in downtown Ottawa.

What could possibly go wrong with hundreds of dispossessed people pissed off at the government, feeling like they have nothing left to lose?

Exactly, show those evil working class western scum what happens when they mess with the peace of good people in downtown Ottawa.

What could possibly go wrong with hundreds of dispossessed people pissed off at the government, feeling like they have nothing left to lose?
Consequences of one’s actions. It’s simple. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. It’s a civil case between citizens. The courts will decide one way or another like any other one. Or deals will be struck between plaintiffs an defendants.

Consequences of one’s actions. It’s simple. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. It’s a civil case between citizens. The courts will decide one way or another like any other one. Or deals will be struck between plaintiffs an defendants.
The plaintiffs lawyered up quite capably. Paul Champ is excellent, and doesn’t take BS cases. I cannot speak to the quality of whatever counsel have been retained by various defendants. I suspect the quality… won’t be as impressive.

We exist in a society of laws, and laws will determine how this all plays out on both the criminal and civil side. It’s along process, but it’s also a pretty inexorable system once it gets to the point of verdicts being returned.

Yeah, fair... It's not like the government of the country froze one sides accounts or anything.

It doesn't matter what law you choose to shelter behind when potentially hundreds of people are made homeless, unemployable, and unwelcome, then decide to take it out on the country that they feel screwed them.

After WWII Germany and Japan weren't rebuilt by vengeance, they were rebuilt by forgiveness... WWII was the result of the winners of WWI being vengeful.

I mean if they're gonna make that big a fuss, either put their money where their mouths are and go full guerilla, or shut it. There are even some good books they can read if they need a guide.

Judging by some of the Court testimony though, reading comprehension might be lacking?

Pat King doesn't really give off the best Che Guevara vibes.

I mean if they're gonna make that big a fuss, either put their money where their mouths are and go full guerilla, or shut it. There are even some good books they can read if they need a guide.

Judging by some of the Court testimony though, reading comprehension might be lacking?

And as I recall from some of my lecturers Guevara was both a psychopath and a bit of an idiot..

I won't pretend that even 50% of them are actually capable of being a problem for the "good" tax paying citizens of Canada.

My point is, we have seen increasing polarization among Upper and Lower class Canadians. Upper Class Canadians count on words to keep them safe, Lower Class Canadians have just seen their government turn on them... Go to the thread about Victoria, even "average" Canadians are losing faith in the government to keep them safe.

Hey, did we get to the bottom of the domestic terror attack on Coastal Gaslink yet?

Great question, I completely forgot about that organized and armed attack on a remote position. Like a military raid.

Seems strange something like that would just be a blip then fall off the radar.

My guess is that it's because there isn't even a tenuous omg Nazis-white supremacist angle for the LPC to get people worked up about.

Yeah, fair... It's not like the government of the country froze one sides accounts or anything.

It doesn't matter what law you choose to shelter behind when potentially hundreds of people are made homeless, unemployable, and unwelcome, then decide to take it out on the country that they feel screwed them.

After WWII Germany and Japan weren't rebuilt by vengeance, they were rebuilt by forgiveness... WWII was the result of the winners of WWI being vengeful.

You are comparing the trucker convoy fiasco to WW1 and WW2?

Ok, I’ll play.

In WW2 they still prosecuted those that committed crimes and broke the law. They still are.

Reparations are still being paid by Germany and Japan paid financial reparations as well for its actions.

So people accused of breaking laws are being pursued and charged. And reparations are being sought.

Everyone will get their day in court.

It’s called JUSTICE. Not vengeance.

Back