• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

monty python GIF

Bit of a sidebar, but seems like a good example of the general disaster that is the Ottawa Police Services Board and their conduct during the Convoy protests;

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/uday-jaswal-negotiations-settlement-ottawa-police-1.6416408
Here’s an interesting tidbit from the article/process:

All of those charges [against Jaswal] were officially withdrawn by the OCPC on March 29 because the commission doesn't have jurisdiction to hear cases against resigned or retired police officers.

@Good2Golf I did see that; pretty greasy. They specifically adjourned his disciplinary proceedings for six counts of misconduct (including 3 counts of sexual harassment) so he could negotiate a settlement, which I didn't realize was a thing.

This seems even worse than some of the BS the CAF has pulled with people pleading to lesser charges; near as I can tell he'll have zero findings against his record which is theoretically clean. WTF?

Sadly, not really surprised that the board was spineless and ineffective (I guess they are consistent?) but don't see anything from stopping him from going to be Chief at a different department.

We'll see ....
... The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today announced the establishment of the Public Order Emergency Commission, an independent public inquiry following the invocation of the Emergencies Act.

The Commission will examine the circumstances that led to the declaration being issued and the measures taken in response to the emergency. This includes the evolution of the convoy, the impact of funding and disinformation, the economic impact, and efforts of police and other responders prior to and after the declaration.

The Prime Minister also announced the appointment of the Honourable Paul S. Rouleau as Commissioner of the Public Order Emergency Commission. Justice Rouleau brings twenty years of experience on the bench to the role. He was first appointed as a Justice of the Superior Court of Ontario in 2002, then to the Court of Appeal for Ontario in 2005. He has also since been appointed as a Deputy Judge of the Supreme Court of Yukon, the Nunavut Court of Justice, and the Supreme Court of the Northwest Territories.

As Commissioner, Justice Rouleau will submit a final report in both official languages to the Government of Canada on his findings and recommendations, which must be tabled in the House of Commons and Senate of Canada by February 20, 2023.
🍿

he finishes jogging, goes home to change. Camera on.

Okay.

Resigns…says he is stepping away from his duties to get “assistance”.

Needs help with what?

Well, he claims it's not due to mental illness:

Liberal MP William Amos says he appeared naked on camera twice due to 'hyperactive multitasking'​

May run again in next election — but that may not be as the Liberals' candidate

Back