• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

08ADE8D4-AC3D-4F8D-8B8E-D5ECBBC5742A.jpegThat the MEPs don’t care about Canada? It’s Eurocentric with a good number of MEPs actually trying to leave the EU, they are all essentially independants. They can do what they want.

I certainly could care less about the EU parliament, and what 3 fringe MEPs think one way or another. I doubt most Canadians care either. These are not the people we need to care about. World leaders, their senior officials etc sure. MEPs at the assembly? Yawn.

I honestly don’t care that Trudeau spoke to the EU parliament. It was just a speech. With nothing behind it other than words. Probably like the last pile of leaders who’ve adressed the EU. It gets old I would imagine for most sitting members.

If the head of the EU assembly snubbed trudeau that might be more worrying. But that didn’t happen.

You guys know how satire works, right? 😆

Oh yeah ;)

joe don baker drugs GIF

Just shows you how ridiculous the whole thing is and people getting bent out of shape over nothing.

Just shows you how ridiculous the whole thing is and people getting bent out of shape over nothing.

When you say people getting bent out of shape do you mean the people laughing about it (Trudeau getting blasted) or people bent out of shape for Trudeau getting laughed at by EU parliament members?

The Trudeau EP speech in and of itself, was stupid but harmless, but it points to what I suspect is a more serious underlying problem: policy competence or maybe it's policy incompetence. Someone in the PMO thought that giving that speech was a good idea; someone in the PMO wrote that speech for him. Both were bad ideas, badly planned and badly executed. If the PMO's judgment is that bad on relative "small stuff" like that then where is it on the "big stuff" like the economy and the consequences of the Supply and Confidence Agreement?

When you say people getting bent out of shape do you mean the people laughing about it (Trudeau getting blasted) or people bent out of shape for Trudeau getting laughed at by EU parliament members?

If it were me you asked, I would answer that question with a question.

Who suffers angst aka "bent out of shape" over PMJT winning election, after election, after election...?

Trudeau getting laughed at by EU parliament members?

Most of the European Parliament members in attendance for Trudeau's speech in Brussels, the Belgian capital, were seen giving the prime minister a standing ovation. The assembly's public galleries were full for the speech.

I would guess any Canadian politician, who ever hopes to become PM, would distance themselves from "Alternative for Germany".

Who are the MEPs who accused Trudeau of being a dictator?​

Mislav Kolakušić, whose speech in the assembly went viral on his Twitter feed, is a failed Croatian presidential candidate and is not affiliated with any political party in the European Parliament. He has aligned himself with anti-vaccine voices inside and outside of the assembly.
Reuters reported earlier this year that Kolakušić had accused French President Emmanuel Macron of "murdering citizens" through vaccine mandates and that he claimed "tens of thousands of" Europeans had died from vaccine side-effects during the pandemic.
Reuters said Europe's drug regulator pushed back against that claim, describing it as "incorrect" and a "misrepresentation of data."
Kolakušić was also one of six MEPs censured by the European Parliament for refusing to present an EU Digital COVID certificate to enter the assembly. Anderson was another of the MPs punished in that incident.
Both Anderson and Zimniok are members of the political party Alternative for Germany, described by the BBC as a far-right political party that employs rhetoric "tinged with Nazi overtones."
A German court ruled recently that the party is "a suspected threat to democracy" after an administrative court in Cologne found that there are "sufficient indications of anti-constitutional goals within the AfD."

END QUOTE

As far as the Freedom rally goes, far-sighted politicians looking ahead to late 2025 may wish to distance themselves from it, as well.

If one of the hopes of the Freedom rally was to win over the South-Asian community to Team Blue, that seems to have failed miserably.
From what I read, South-Asian truckers are not interested in playing vaccine politics.
They want what most working people want: better wages and benefits. Like dental care.

Who suffers angst aka "bent out of shape" over PMJT winning election, after election, after election...?

I would guess any Canadian politician, who ever hopes to become PM, would distance themselves from "Alternative for Germany".

Who are the MEPs who accused Trudeau of being a dictator?​

Mislav Kolakušić, whose speech in the assembly went viral on his Twitter feed, is a failed Croatian presidential candidate and is not affiliated with any political party in the European Parliament. He has aligned himself with anti-vaccine voices inside and outside of the assembly.
Reuters reported earlier this year that Kolakušić had accused French President Emmanuel Macron of "murdering citizens" through vaccine mandates and that he claimed "tens of thousands of" Europeans had died from vaccine side-effects during the pandemic.
Reuters said Europe's drug regulator pushed back against that claim, describing it as "incorrect" and a "misrepresentation of data."
Kolakušić was also one of six MEPs censured by the European Parliament for refusing to present an EU Digital COVID certificate to enter the assembly. Anderson was another of the MPs punished in that incident.
Both Anderson and Zimniok are members of the political party Alternative for Germany, described by the BBC as a far-right political party that employs rhetoric "tinged with Nazi overtones."
A German court ruled recently that the party is "a suspected threat to democracy" after an administrative court in Cologne found that there are "sufficient indications of anti-constitutional goals within the AfD."

END QUOTE

As far as the Freedom rally goes, far-sighted politicians looking ahead to late 2025 may wish to distance themselves from it, as well.

If one of the hopes of the Freedom rally was to win over the South-Asian community to Team Blue, that seems to have failed miserably.
From what I read, South-Asian truckers are not interested in playing vaccine politics.
They want what most working people want: better wages and benefits.
I think the PP faction of the party is perfectly content being a regional protest party.

A true Socrate.

67.38% of the Canadians who voted last election?

Agreed. Maybe the Prime Minister will think twice before trying to brag about invoking the Emergency Act on the world stage.

Presumably people who don't like Trudeau. But we're only on the 7th year of his government, and federal governments often last for more than 8 years. He's substantially more scandal-prone than his predecessor, which accounts for some of the frustration. Ethics can be paid out, and the price this week is a dental plan and a pharma plan and a few other goodies.

Back