• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Except I never said.

No need to devolve and make this personal.
I stand corrected then.

Perhaps I misunderstood your ‘bad apples’ comment.

The bad apples? Absolutely.

Who were those bad apples, again? I thought you were referring to Ms. Giuliani and her like, who contributed to the GSM platform? No?

I used to frequent shops of people who I enjoyed their service, products and chit-chat, despite them having significantly different views. Yet we never let that difference interfere with the daily life, in fact we celebrated Canada as a place where two people of opposing views can sit down and have coffee/beer together without any drama.
Of course. But with the age of the inter web and everyone being offended by everything on every side of the spectrum this has been going on for some time. Every remeberance day we see plenty of offended people and businesses boycotted because of things like poppies. Or businesses that use perfectly legal business practices but that get boycotted by them.

I stand corrected then.

Perhaps I misunderstood your ‘bad apples’ comment.

Who were those bad apples, again? I thought you were referring to Ms. Giuliani and her like, who contributed to the GSM platform? No?
no I meant the bad apples that are threatening her and her staff. Just like the bad apples who actually threw bricks through a couple downtown businesses or threatened staff for asking them to wear masks.

Question, brain trust. Considering the current situation, who do you think is really running Canada right now? Who is making decisions at the Federal level? Telford? Butts? The Cabinet? Freeland? I would dismiss our PM as being an intellectual lightweight and having no leadership skills at all so somebody must be pulling the strings. This may shed some light on the current lack of federal leadership. Thoughts?
One could surmise with all the connections to the WEF at the top (Trudeau, Freeland, Singh), it would be them. Clause Schwab stating as much on video would corroborate this is the case... But that would be very conspiracy and tinfoil hat like to suggest... so...

One could surmise with all the connections to the WEF at the top (Trudeau, Freeland, Singh), it would be them. Clause Schwab stating as much on video would corroborate this is the case... But that would be very conspiracy and tinfoil hat like to suggest... so...

I don't think anyone can seriously deny foreign meddling is happening. Weather through the wealthy left leaning rich or the nefarious state actors like China and Russia.

The danger is that we, generally and internationally, are moving past the point where it no longer matters what the individual points of contention are. Instead there is such an accumulation of points of contention that people have had an opportunity to see how the other side decides on multiple issues and are deciding, as a Hoosier acquaintance of mine once said of Canadians, "They don't think like Normal folk".

It no longer matters the details.

664 Synod of Whitby

It used to be a date commonly instructed in England, along with 1066. Supposedly it was the date when England become a True Christian Country. The date when its monks decided the True method of calculating the date of Easter and how to properly shave their heads. The kind of important stuff that made them followers of Paul, Rome and Peter.

Lost in the mists of time and more than a thousand years of Propaganda is the power play between Egyptian Alexandrians and Syrian Antiocheans in Constantinople and Rome as the Mohamedans closed in on them. As those that believed that Jesus was a man and those that believed he was God fought. With Christians on both sides of the debate in Syria, in Cyprus, in Spain, in Britain and in Ireland. With the Visigoths of Spain allying with the Arian Greco-Germans against the Catholic Romano-Franks. And Ireland divided between Columba in the North, following the Greek traditions of the Visigoths and Andrew, versus followers of the Welshman David in the South, following the traditions of the Romans and Peter.

Whitby was a debate over haircuts. It represented something substantially more.

I can give you other dates

1302 Bruges Matins - Belgian Peasants Revolt
1358 Jacquerie - French Peasants Revolt
1381 Peasants Revolt - English Peasants Revolt

The events are seldom remembered. The causes even less frequently.

I have heard it said that separatism in Canada predates the FLQ Crisis, the Quiet Revolution, the Conscription Crises, School Questions, Jesuit Lands, Riel Rebellions and Fenian Raids, Zouaves for Rome, D'Arcy McGee, Durham Reports and Rebellions, and can be placed back at the 1774 Quebec Act.

I would argue that separatism is baked into Canadian, and more explicitly Canadien, society from its foundation during the French Wars of Religion. French speaking Huguenots in Europe swung the balance when they voted with their feet and moved to Britain and the Americas and financed the rise of an enlightened liberalism under the Union Jack while France conserved the traditional authoritarianism of Europe.

The first time that Quebec City was captured from the French and placed under the Union Jack was 1629 it was captured by the French protestant Kirke brothers of Dieppe who had family connections and business interests in London as well as the protestant capital of La Rochelle. La Rochelle dominated the Atlantic and was highly profitable. And in 1628 it fell to Cardinal Richelieu and D'Artagnan for the King of France. By the next year Quebec, La Rochelle's western entrepot held by local boy Samuel Champlain of Brouage, just up the coast, was taken under control of the shareholders now based in London.

In this read of history the seminal date in Canadian history is the 1659 arrival of Bishop Laval in Quebec. That marked the ascendancy of the Gallo-Roman tradition over the Jesuits, Recollets, Sulpiciens and the Huguenots - French Protestants with Dutch, Scotch, Swedish and English allies in the New World.

The clash between central authority and individual freedom is baked into the society that is Canada. Including "fringe elements" like Mennonites, Hutterites and Mormons. Jews and Dhoukobors. Galicians. Sikhs.

The one moderating influence, over time, is that every dissident, fringe element, loses its passion as they seek to become the Establishment.

Personally, I am a non-subscribing presbyterian - meaning I don't subscribe to any creed, I don't pretend to know the truth of anything, but I do believe in the necessity of recognizing bottom up governance. You can be right and still be dead.

I don't think anyone can seriously deny foreign meddling is happening. Weather through the wealthy left leaning rich or the nefarious state actors like China and Russia.
The Go Fund Me and GSG also showed the foreign wealthy right are certainly also involved.

Harper went after several charities a few years ago for shady fundraising activities related to left leaning causes that were more political than charitable. He took some flak for it but he was probably on to something.

Of course. But with the age of the inter web and everyone being offended by everything on every side of the spectrum this has been going on for some time. Every remeberance day we see plenty of offended people and businesses boycotted because of things like poppies. Or businesses that use perfectly legal business practices but that get boycotted by them.

no I meant the bad apples that are threatening her and her staff. Just like the bad apples who actually threw bricks through a couple downtown businesses or threatened staff for asking them to wear masks.
Then I apologize for jumping to an incorrect assumption.

I used to frequent shops of people who I enjoyed their service, products and chit-chat, despite them having significantly different views. Yet we never let that difference interfere with the daily life, in fact we celebrated Canada as a place where two people of opposing views can sit down and have coffee/beer together without any drama.

You used to frequent shops?

Where do you find such things these days? All I can find are self-serve warehouses.

And as for discussing the events of the day... probably happened the last time I was in an old time barber shop back in the 70's.

Another example of good for the goose, good for the gander.

If a similar list of donors to, say, Antifa was hacked & published, would people be curious about who's donating? Including looking for people dumb enough to use their easily-identifiable email addresses? Or is their privacy and right to expression/association just as protected as the folks donating to this cause?
Really? It's well established that all the enviro and anti pipeline movements are funded from places "other than Canada". The gov shrugs and says "so what?' Clearly in that instance the source of the money doesn't matter, but now the mukluk is on the other foot it's of deep concern? The new eau du toilet, Hypocrase', by the house of Gauche.

For two years I have been trying and trying to believe in Hanlon Razor. That most everything can be explained by that concept. And I have found that this is generally true in life. But that said more and more the tin foil tightens even when I try and loosen it. Just too many points are adding up. Even this EM points in the that direction. I can see no real need for it. The Feds, Prov and city have all the power to deal with the protestors before. It is a matter of will and logistics of resources not more executive power that was required.

I read that the owner of Stella Luna (Ottawa Ice Cream and Gelato joint) got doxed. Now her staff is getting threatening calls.

"But then there’s Tammy Giuliani, the owner of Stella Luna Gelato Café, which has two locations in Ottawa. She made a $250 donation to the convoy on February 5. By Monday afternoon, her staff were getting threatening phone calls, and Giuliani was forced to close shop. We would be surprised if she’s never able to run a business in the town again. "

Thuggery pure and simple. This is one of the tactics of the right (Nazi brownshirts) and the far left. In my mind these people who threatened the employees should be vigorously investigated, and prosecuted. AND their names very publicly announced.

Really? It's well established that all the enviro and anti pipeline movements are funded from places "other than Canada". The gov shrugs and says "so what?' Clearly in that instance the source of the money doesn't matter, but now the mukluk is on the other foot it's of deep concern? The new eau du toilet, Hypocrase', by the house of Gauche.
There are books on this subject. That Tides etc. are funded by outside money. Pipeline protests funded by rail interests. So now its a problem because the "left and others" are mad?

Here was my thought experiment. Throw darts.

In the next large labour strike or disruption in the country that effects say rail or air or a very important manufacturing sector. The strike goes on and the country economic output is hurt. The government can now declare EM act and first order the workers back, and then even freeze the bank accounts of the union and the dues paying members. That is using this new precedent setting move. Now I know the strike can be a legal strike but in this case the trucker protests have not at this time broke any law above bylaw and parking too. Also you say the union is legal. But some unions in Canada are also international ones with moneys from the US too.

The business and/or government can orders workers back with the law now...but it then goes to an arbitrator. But now we don't have to do that step. We can just declare EM. So....

For two years I have been trying and trying to believe in Hanlon Razor. That most everything can be explained by that concept. And I have found that this is generally true in life. But that said more and more the tin foil tightens even when I try and loosen it. Just too many points are adding up. Even this EM points in the that direction. I can see no real need for it. The Feds, Prov and city have all the power to deal with the protestors before. It is a matter of will and logistics of resources not more executive power that was required.
Part of me feels you give JT too much credit.
I honestly think it's like "look Dad, I can do it too"

I've always said that this demographic I have highlighted needs to share their wealth first. Lead by Example, Bono? Oprah?

There are books on this subject. That Tides etc. are funded by outside money. Pipeline protests funded by rail interests. So now its a problem because the "left and others" are mad?

Here was my thought experiment. Throw darts.

In the next large labour strike or disruption in the country that effects say rail or air or a very important manufacturing sector. The strike goes on and the country economic output is hurt. The government can now declare EM act and first order the workers back, and then even freeze the bank accounts of the union and the dues paying members. That is using this new precedent setting move. Now I know the strike can be a legal strike but in this case the trucker protests have not at this time broke any law above bylaw and parking too. Also you say the union is legal. But some unions in Canada are also international ones with moneys from the US too.

The business and/or government can orders workers back with the law now...but it then goes to an arbitrator. But now we don't have to do that step. We can just declare EM. So....
You know, when 3 levels of government are declaring it and emergency it may actually be an emergency.

Back