• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

If the organizers (whoever they are) had had even a modicum of sense in their demands (e.g. end/reduce mandates as opposed to "overthrow the government"), someone in authority might have met with them. The mess is the result of too many "leaders" and too many conflicting demands.
Trudeau situated the estimate before the first truck hit the road.

There's no way he would have met with the truckers after the insinuations he made about them.

I can see that if the CPC keeps shooting itself in the foot. I really really don’t want Trudeau again. But I want a Polievre less after his recent shenanigans. I hope they get a leader that makes sense.
His recent shenanigans is worse than the complete Trudeau show? That's impressive.

His recent shenanigans is worse than the complete Trudeau show? That's impressive.
Don’t care. If PP becomes the leader he won’t get my vote. I voted for him last time. Will depend on who the leader of the CPC becomes. If it’s him I’ll find some other place to park my vote.

He’s actively encouraging this for political gain. He’s just as bad as Trudeau doing the same thing. The difference is that I think Trudeau is actually gaining more than PP is in the long run.

There is a weird line of thought that if people don't like Trudeau enough, that vote defaults to the CPC, regardless of who is leading it and what its policies are.

That is really not how it works.

There is a weird line of thought that if people don't like Trudeau enough, that vote defaults to the CPC, regardless of who is leading it and what its policies are.

That is really not how it works.
So purely anecdotal but still a barometer.

I’m in PPs riding. He normally wins with about 20k votes. Except two elections ago where the margin was about 3k. So far my neighbours aren’t too impressed with the latest stunts he’s pulled. My wife’s best friend and her husband are staunch conservatives and are active in the party and they have stated they will likely stay home election night if PP is the leader.

Again anecdotal. But I get the feeling that next election PP is actually going to have a fight on his hands in this riding.

But campaigns matter and still lots of time.

Conservatives did and are regretting it now.

I think you're over estimating peoples openness to vote for other parties my friend.

You may certainly be one of those types but I think you're kind is the exception.

If we had a snap election next week we might see one or two MPs move a seat.

I don't think this will impact the CPC one bit, same with the LPC.

Canadians are either outraged and doubling down in their views, or its just entertainment.

I'm glad to the the RCMP/ other cops are all dressed alike in Windsor, including toques with regimental cap badges on them and even those are all the same.

It's almost like they're taking the piss out of the CAF ;)
I don't know about the RCMP but, aside from subtle differences, police uniforms in Ontario are all pretty much the same. With the Public Order Units, there has been an effort to standardize things like uniforms and tactics as it is not uncommon that they work together during large events like this. There's only so many POUs to go around.

I think you're over estimating peoples openness to vote for other parties my friend.

You may certainly be one of those types but I think you're kind is the exception.

If we had a snap election next week we might see one or two MPs move a seat.

I don't think this will impact the CPC one bit, same with the LPC.

Canadians are either outraged and doubling down in their views, or its just entertainment.
Not at all. You are underestimating people’s openness to just stay home and hold their noses.

But yes you might be correct on how it’s affecting the parties. But the leadership and specific individuals is another issue.

Anti-mandate protest slows traffic at Seaway International Bridge
Just watched an interview with the Deputy Chief of Police of the Windsor Police Service.

Very well spoken man, and he confirmed no arrests have been made so far and their objective is to clear the demonstration in the most peaceful manner while respecting the rights of everyone, including the protesters, and have traffic flowing again across the border.

Protesters have not been violent and protesters have been complying with police direction on the ground. One truck had to be towed but that was due to a mechanical failure.

Would be nice if our elected officials of all colours were as well spoken and articulate as that particular gentleman.

And now the former Chairman of the Ambassador Bridge/Former Finance Minister of Ontario is speaking with CBC.

He is deathly afraid of the trade/economic implications this is going to have with the United States.

We talk about Vital Ground: there it is

And now the former Chairman of the Ambassador Bridge/Former Finance Minister of Ontario is speaking with CBC.

He is deathly afraid of the trade/economic implications this is going to have with the United States.

We talk abour Vital Ground: there it is
I saw it as well. These actions will certainly convince some American companies to pull pin.

Back