• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Free performance shirt for top Army.ca 1/2 marathon runner!

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Hopefully everyone's already aware, but on Sunday 20 Sept 2009, the 2nd annual Army Run is taking place in Ottawa. Last year a few of us from the site ran the 5k and others ran the 1/2 marathon.

This year I've registered for the 1/2 marathon, and created an 'Army.ca' group. Anyone is welcome to join, and to help drum up participation in the race, I'll give away one of our performance shirts to the Army.ca runner with the best 1/2 marathon time.

There's already a thread going on this in the training board but I wanted to cross-post here (naughty, I know) to highlight the Army.ca group angle... and of course the giveaway. So let's get some runners in the group!

I think you can join the Army.ca group if you're a 5k runner as well, but I'm not sure. If it's not in the list, feel free to create the group for the 5k. Who knows, maybe someone can twist my arm into giving away a shirt for the fastest Army.ca 5k runner too. :)

One last thing: if you register before Thursday you get $10 off the registration fee.

On your mark...!

Cheers
Mike

P.S. I originally thought about giving away shirts to all Army.ca runners who beat my time, but I'd be cleaned out!

Back