• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Forum Name Change

Rifleman62

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
I am assuming Navy.ca and Air Force.ca are registered.

How about renaming the Navy General forum to read the Royal Canadian Navy General or RCN General.

I always thought Navy General was a bit amusing.

Same with Air Force General to RCAF General.

The terms Navy and Air Force are pretty universal, even to new users and civilians. Maybe I should look at changing the 'General' portion of the board names...

Mike Bobbitt said:
The terms Navy and Air Force are pretty universal, even to new users and civilians. Maybe I should look at changing the 'General' portion of the board names...
"General" is also a pretty well understood term......generally.  ;)

For a generic title:

Air Marshal and Navy Admiral for sub-form titles, just does not hold the same '"all encompassing" terms in my mind.  ;D

Canadian Army general? Lets not go overboard with these name changes. The Navy has always been and will always be the Navy, not Maritime Command....

I read somewhere years ago that a group of non-naval officers attending a staff course in England were miffed that the Royal Navy was run by somebody with the lofty title of First Sea Lord, whereas their services have more mundane-sounding bosses.

The naval officers on the course suggested boosting the prestige of the other two titles by renaming them "First Landlord" and "Lord of the Flies".

Loachman said:
I read somewhere years ago that a group of non-naval officers attending a staff course in England were miffed that the Royal Navy was run by somebody with the lofty title of First Sea Lord, whereas their services have more mundane-sounding bosses.

The naval officers on the course suggested boosting the prestige of the other two titles by renaming them "First Landlord" and "Lord of the Flies".

LMFAO :rofl:

Given the site's unofficial nature, I don't think it would be a bad thing to stick with the more colloquial terms that the site has been using all along: Army, Navy and Air Force.
We do not need to change to look more like the official sites.

Back