• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fortissimo 2007 - Ottawa, Aug. 16, 17, 18

davidk

Inactive
Reaction score
Just a reminder that the Ceremonial Guard is holding its annual Fortissimo event on the evenings of August 16 to 18, at Parliament Hill, 1845 hours. Performances by the Continuity Drill Team of CG, the Central Band of the CF, North Irish Territorial Band, and several others.

I was in Ottawa on leave last year and got to see it then.  What a great performance!  (I believe there are pictures on the site here from it).  Too bad I'm working and can't get over this year.  But for those that are in the area, I highly recommend it!

Attended on Saturday with the family.  Great show, great music.  Loved the guns and the Peace Tower bells during the 1812 Overture.  I've "played" the guns twice for the 1812, but that's the first time I've heard it with live bells like that.  Awesome.
Two complaints - the MC was inaudible.  The fellow singing (don't know who he was or what he was singing, since we couldn't hear the MC) came through loud and clear, through the same sound system, but the young lady doing the announcing couldn't be heard.  They did a sound check about 20 minutes before the show, and even though it was too quiet, they didn't adjust.  Oh well...

Second - to the lady in the "VIP" area with several young (school aged) children - MAKE YOUR KIDS STAND DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM!!!!!  You did, why did you allow them to remain seated?  And in full view of the crowds, the guard, the band, etc.  What an insult...

We went on the Saturday . I was very proud of everyone,  very professional . The best show of the year. It's pretty remarkable when consider there is probably only three weeks to prepare for the event. Continuity Drill Team was excellent. Bands outstanding.

Three weeks? *coughs* The drill team, maybe. As for the guard doing the feu de joie, I think they got less, and the group with the flags and torches, which I was part of, had maybe three to four hours total worth of practice. Still, it went well.

I was in it last year but I think this year was even better. Good job.

Back