• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Formerarmybrat23s story: Just say "no" kids!

formerarmybrat23

Good stuff hope this works out for you . Also good job on getting  a good pair of running shoes your Knees will thank you .    I thought I had an OK pair  but turned out they where not  .  Just stay focused have fun enjoy your gonna love it cheers

Pte (r) Brat said:
Thanks everyone. If i make friends with someone with a computer, I'll keep you updated! 

Have fun, work hard, it'll be over before you know it!

Besides, could be worse...  You could be in St. Jean!

Here in Borden, it's not that bad for recruits...  Nowhere else have I seen recruits lined up at Timmy's every night before they even get their 4-week cornflakes!

well its been a long time. I have been so busy since getting in, that I have not had the time to update at all. Basic in Borden was a blast, and from what I have heard easier then St. Jean. But It was all good times with lots of stories and people I will never forget. Anyone who gets lucky enough to get Borden had better be thankful. If you can't make it in Borden you have serious issues.

After graduation from Basic I spent 3 weeks on Christmas vacation followed up by only one week in PRETC (thank God!). That one week was the longest of my life. I was able to get on the first RMS course at the last minute and dodge the SQ course I was headed for in February. Its not that I dont want to go to SQ, its just that I've heard enough horror stories about it. I think I would rather do it in the Spring anyways.

I am hoping to go home to Gagetown for my posting. I am the only one still waiting out of all the clerk courses to find out. Which is typically my luck. I can't help but wonder what the hold up is......have not even recieved an email about it or anything. I'm  crossing my fingers hoping that my Career Manager is trying to get me home. In any case I'll go where I'm told.......it's onyl the next 5-7 years of my life right?

Thats all that has been going on since I left for Basic. Being on course has been a great time. Learning new things and meeting mostly good people. Cheers!
edited for spelling

Congrats on getting through the initial portion of your BMQ and trades training. Now comes the fun part of being able to employ your skills in the real world.

All the best in your career.

Pte  Brat said:
well its been a long time. I have been so busy since getting in, that I have not had the time to update at all. Basic in Borden was a blast, and from what I have heard easier then St. Jean. But It was all good times with lots of stories and people I will never forget. Anyone who gets lucky enough to get Borden had better be thankful. If you can't make it in Borden you have serious issues.

Thank God, we have another clerk in the pipe. We've got more average Colonels than good clerks in the CF right now. If you are the latter, you are going to be far more highly valued than the former!

Best of luck and 'give er' eh?

So I am off to Gagetown! I'm so excited to be headed back home after 4 years away. It will be like living in a whole other town now that I will actually have money to spend. Can't wait to get down there. I'm stressed about the move, but hopefully it will go pretty smoothly. I have alot to do still....three more weeks and I'm home!!! ;D

I'm happy to hear that, I spent 6 weeks in borden in cadets, its so dusty there haha, Good luck in Gagetown, I love reading how people progress through basic congrats  :salute:

Back