• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Former 28 Medical Company (Ottawa) Members ?

28Medic

Inactive
Reaction score
Known as 28 Field Ambulance now, I was just wondering if there were any former members lurking around this site.....

[me=Trinity]hides head in shame[/me]

While attending Carleton... i was 28  (but you knew that already)

Shame?

Because you went to Carleton I assume, not because of 28?

As a U of O graduate, I can understand your shame.

28Medic said:
Because you went to Carleton I assume, not because of 28?

of course because of Carleton...

Best two year party of my life....

But I've made up for it since.....

[me=Trinity]singing "There's a hole in the City and its Name is Ottawa U, and if you're dull and boring then thats the place for you......"[/me]

Whatever you do, don't get to tossing around the mashed potats during a mess dinner. Who paid for drycleaning the RSM's mess kit?

How long ago, Wallis House .... I recall a Diane Anderson looked after my pneumonia in Pet .

I was a member from '89 to the end of '94.

Would've thought there would've been more on the board.

Ray

I was 28 for a few months in 1996. Did my Basic and QL3, then EX TRILLIUM PHOENIX. I was accepted for college in Kingston so transfered to PWOR then into the regs....

I was in the old 28TH Med Co way back in 1977. We were with the 28 Service Bat back then. I was also a on hill instructor for the Ski Patrol and going to Algonquin  Collage to be a medic in civil life. I still have my first temp ID Card that they made up at Pet at 0600. Great pic! We had been out until 0200 at the mess! Things were really differt back then. We could even have a smoke while we worked! Less than 2 weeks in and they shipped us of to PET for a field ex, and they hand me a SMG a told to go stand guard in the bush. While there I was relieving my self when this other guy (enemy) crawls right by me. He never saw me at all and I was standing up! Well I  take him prisoner and march him bact to out unit. A Major told me that Medic do NOT take prisoners, so I shot him! The Major was tearing a new one when my Capt steeped up and informed the Major I had only been in the unit less than 2 week and did not even know how to even march yet! It turned out the guy I caught was from the 2ND Airborne unit. We sent him back to his unit tied up with a note pinned to him informing his unit that he had been captured by a weekend warrior that only joined 2 weeks ago. You should have heard the radio chatter over that one. I wonder how long it took for him to live that one down?
I also would like to find Corporal Cameron. Anyone know where he is?
Al Mosher
:cdn: :salute:

Though this thread is rather old, I thought I'd add to it.  I was in the 28th for a short time in the early 80s with Capt. O'Brien as CO (RIP charming  warrior - August 12, 2010 obit at: _http://www.legacy.com/can-ottawa/obituaries.asp?Page=Notice&PersonID=144782821).  Sharing the armoury with the engineers was always interesting as was accompanying them on various exercises or beaver dam removal projects.

I discovered a 28 Med Coy Alumni page on Facebook, for anyone interested (_http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4779524303).  I was a little disheartened when the unit was renamed and moved to Hamilton, if memory serves me well (which it rarely does).  I was equally saddened when the armoury on Lees avenue was demolished, marking the beginning of the end of an era.  Last time I saw CFB Rockcliffe, it was fenced off and some of the building were being demolished.

Gonzo

I started in 28 Med in 1984. Was in until 1992. A good time was had by all! :camo:

I started in 28 Med in 1984. Was in until 1992. A good time was had by all! :camo:
To your reply and the one above from Gonzo. I was with the engineers at Lees Avenue throughout the 80's. I remember Capt O'Brien. I remember a few other medics from the 28th. We did our basic in 83 at Rockcliffe for a couple of weeks then went to Petawawa. We had some medics but they ended up transferring to the 28th. Good times. I still take a walk on the empty field where the barracks were located and remember the good times. The 28th were cool. I miss those days.

To your reply and the one above from Gonzo. I was with the engineers at Lees Avenue throughout the 80's. I remember Capt O'Brien. I remember a few other medics from the 28th. We did our basic in 83 at Rockcliffe for a couple of weeks then went to Petawawa. We had some medics but they ended up transferring to the 28th. Good times. I still take a walk on the empty field where the barracks were located and remember the good times. The 28th were cool. I miss those days.
Just FYI, you were replying to a post from 2011. There’s been nothing on this thread since. Though I know or two old 28 Fd members are here on the site.

Back