• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

For the Seaforths out there...

Marauder

Inactive
Reaction score
If any Seaforths out there have access to a copy of the "Stargate SG-1" second season episode "1969", can you confirm that I saw what I think I saw high up on the front wall of the "1969-era" "Washington, DC" armoury towards the end of the episode? I know SG-1 films in Vancouver, and I thought that was pretty cool. Also, those "USAF" large trucks look awfully familiar. <coughMLscough>:)

I didn't see it but I'll venture a guess that you saw the Stag's Head and Battle Honours? Is that right?

When was it on? I'll check for a repeat.

Hmmm Maybe we should adopt the "Hollywood (North) Bn" title now that 3PPCLI are no longer using it? 8)

For the old timers out there (1970-80s vintage), the original Rambo movie First Blood also has a Seaforth Connection. Those National Guardsmen in the firefight scene at the mine entrance were... you guessed it. More than a few guys were razzed in the Jr Ranks about their film debut.

Some of us got to be State Troopers. Good duty $100.00 a day and all we could eat

I shall refrain from mentioning who got the speaking role in case he later went on to military greatness.

Some of us of course missed this swan being overseas at the time.

There was also the Leslie Nielsen movie "Wrongfully Accused" which used the armoury as a prison, and in which a bunch of serving Seaforth soldiers were employed for the drill team in one of the final shots.

Back