• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Flair Airlines ownership structure under investigation

dapaterson

Army.ca Dinosaur
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Canadian regulators are conducting a formal investigation of Flair Airlines, whose ownership is nominally 25% American, but that same group leases them all their aircraft and hold three of five seats on the board of directors.

Canadian regulators are conducting a formal investigation of Flair Airlines, whose ownership is nominally 25% American, but that same group leases them all their aircraft and hold three of five seats on the board of directors.

Of course. Can’t have a low-cost airline competing with the AC gouging. That’s un-Canadian.

Who knew that if you decline to pay your bills that people leasing you equipment might seize that equipment?

In its first public comments on the matter Tuesday, Airborne Capital Ltd. said in a statement to Global News that Flair was “regularly in default” and failed to make payments when due over a five-month period, despite numerous notices and “direct and regular contact” with the airline.

Those missed payments added up to millions of dollars, the lessor said — disputing statements from Flair’s chief executive this week that it owed about $1 million total.

“Terminating an aircraft lease is always a last resort, and such a decision is never taken lightly,” Airborne said.

“In this case, following numerous notices to Flair, it again failed to make payments when due and Airborne took steps to terminate the leasing of the aircraft.”

If you ever fly KLM, Air France or Icelandair you very easily see the difference.
AC to Europe is horrible.
AC owns a chicken farm and a rice paddy as that's what you get. I would be ashamed if I were the Chefs' who had their names on the menus.

If you ever fly KLM, Air France or Icelandair you very easily see the difference.
AC to Europe is horrible.
AC owns a chicken farm and a rice paddy as that's what you get. I would be ashamed if I were the Chefs' who had their names on the menus.
Still annoys me that they try and say that's a sufficient meal for TD claims, I always end up buying an airport sandwhich or something for longer hauls on AC, as their meals are like IMPs without the option for hot sauce. There is always that weird pasta salad cup thing too that is somehow flavourless and tastes gross a the same time.

It's especially annoying on flights where I would have to buy the food, and then end up doing legwork to get a meal claim. The admin hassle to traveling is ridiculous, even though we have a really good support cell.

Lynx gone, Flair claiming a payment processor owes them $25M. Wonder if some creditors might have put in claims...

Almost as if a small national population that's widely geographically dispersed has significant costs associated with transportation.

Plus over regulation, gate keeping, taxation and high government and agency fees have nothing to do with it.

The difference is Canadian governments see air travel as revenue generator. US governments see air travel as a economic growth lever.

Back