• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fix Bayonets, The Battle for Goose Green

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just stumbled across this and thought it was quite good... Phil Neame, John Geddes, Dair F-H and Johnny Crossland... the Immortals!

Fix Bayonets, The Battle for Goose Green

Through the personal accounts of two British servicemen, Fix Bayonets depicts an extraordinary record of the last traditional war of the twentieth century. This was fighting as it had been throughout military history, where killing a man often meant running him through with a bayonet or dropping a grenade in his lap. At Goose Green, there was no escaping the realities of battle. This was no remote combat, but a down-and-dirty fight to the death with an enemy that could be seen and touched. The two men who guide us through the epic land battle that was Goose Green have seen warfare as it really is. These are their stories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYCQlyiUJ-g

Last traditional war of the 20th century?  What was the Gulf War then?

Infanteer said:
Last traditional war of the 20th century?  What was the Gulf War then?

Or the Invasion of Panama (89-90) . . . or the Invasion of Grenada (83) . . . or the Eritrean-Ethiopian War (1998-2000) . . .  or the "Toyota War" (Chadian-Libyan War 86-87) . . . or . . .

Or was it the last of the British military with fading memories of a tradition of empire.

Notwithstanding the claim of "last traditional war", i thought it was a good video. I liked the OCs walking the ground and narrating. It really showed that it doesn't matter how good you are, chaos will reign. Oh yes, a good firebase will win the battle.

SeaKingTacco said:
Notwithstanding the claim of "last traditional war", i thought it was a good video. I liked the OCs walking the ground and narrating. It really showed that it doesn't matter how good you are, chaos will reign. Oh yes, a good firebase will win the battle.

2 x GPMGs per section and a couple of MILAN dets.... or the equivalent .... should be standard issue for a rifle company.

Back