• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

first Posting

B3b4

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am still waiting for final the processings, Reg Supply tech,
I am wondering about if the first posting - initial posting - after i finish the occupational qualification trainaing is more likely to be in the area of the Recruting Center where i applied.
or I can be posted to anywhere in canada directly after that ?

thanks

Hello there,
You will have to give 3 choices of where you want to be posted.
But at the end, they will send you where they need you to be.
when I joined, 7 years ago, I asked for Montreal or Quebec, they sent me to Petawawa even though I had a son in shared custody and a sick mother to take care of. I ended up doing to travel every weekend. At least it was drivable.

Hi everyone,
I got my offer will go BMQ 29th August, and I have a few more questions

Is being in a French BMQ platoon will limit posting possibilities to bases in french communities till recognized Bilingue by CAF?

During bmq and occupational qualification course, how much are the amounts for the separation pay? ( I can't find the amounts or is it only the reduced charge for quarters?

In my offer letter is the 03613 the CFLRS base number or does it mean something else?

Hi everyone,
I got my offer will go BMQ 29th August, and I have a few more questions

Is being in a French BMQ platoon will limit posting possibilities to bases in french communities till recognized Bilingue by CAF?

During bmq and occupational qualification course, how much are the amounts for the separation pay? ( I can't find the amounts or is it only the reduced charge for quarters?

In my offer letter is the 03613 the CFLRS base number or does it mean something else?
I graduated a french BMQ in 2018, and got posted to Winnipeg. The language of your platoon has no impact on the postings you will write down on the sheet ;)

As it's been mentioned before, you are given 3 "requests" of posting. If your occupational training staff is nice, they'll also list you the bases that need the most. Sometimes a base listed you wouldn't think of can appear on it and influence your decision. But at the end of the day, the CAF sends you where they need

If everyone got their dream postings, there would be no one in the Toronto, Vancouver, or close to large cities due to housing costs. No one would want a posting to Petawawa, Gagetown, or Wainwright because they are too isolated.

Every over seas European assignment would be over staffed and line ups to get in and out of work every day.

You get a chance to request, or wish for a assignment that would suite your life style, family or your adventure spirit, but in the end it comes down the demands and where the military needs your warm body.
But every Base or training center has its perks and moans. But no matter where you go, you find something to do and enjoy in your off time and there is always the next posting to look forward to and dream of

Back