• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

First Air Force loadmasters to qualify on C-130J graduate

Occam said:
Just as an outsider, looking in on this discussion - I think we may need to purchase a few used C-5s from the USAF, as that's the only way we're going to get some loadie's heads into the aircraft.  ::)

Quite the oposite. Rather than worry about who is being trained to do what, Flight engineers should use their brain power towards stopping their trade from imploding manpower-wise.

Loadies are doing the job assigned to them by the AF, some FE are offended because of their own sense of self-importance.

CDN Aviator said:
Quite the oposite. Rather than worry about who is being trained to do what, Flight engineers should use their brain power towards stopping their trade from imploding manpower-wise.

Loadies are doing the job assigned to them by the AF, some FE are offended because of their own sense of self-importance.

That may be, but I see a lot of unnecessary gloating going on by the loadies.

Anyways, I have no dog in this fight; just commenting on how unprofessional it looks on the AF.

If the Air Force is having a little bit of a trade conflict, I'd be happy to sell you the C&E Branch's MES project. In fact, I'll give it away for free! I bet I could even get a collection up to pay you guys to take it off our hands. It won't fix the trade conflicts, but it will create enough confusion that you'll just pretend the conflict isn't there while worrying what the heck MES is.  >:D

hauger and CDN Aviator and the other loadies thanks for the support to my past posts.
I will refrain from starting a flamewar or a bun fight about this issue. I stand by what was posted if you have any more questions about my job or what we do exactly, you can come up to the LOADMASTER station after we have reached cruise altitude or it is safe to move around the CARGO compartment and the captain has turned of the seatbelt sign.

I'm sure that the crew structure will be just fine. The idea of tech. crewmen has been used in the past so it's nothing new.

When the CH-113A was in service the normal crew was 2 pilots and 1 crew chief (loadmaster). If the aircraft was going on an extended mission (deployment) a tech. crewman was used.

The pilots and crew chief did all of the preflight checks, refueling and other functions.
The crew chiefs were R.C.A.S.C. army transport drivers who had no experience around aircraft at all with the exception of a few who had been involved in air dispatch.

There is no reason why anyone has to have a particular background to do a job so long as the training that they receive includes what ever applies to the job.

Back