• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fire safety

dubois

Inactive
Reaction score
Good morning to all. I am not sure where to post this but i am searching for the safety policy and fire safety things. I just got appointed the job of fire safety rep of my section and my board is out of date. I searched on all my drive and couldn't find anything. Please help me. I do not want to get in trouble for it since i just got appointed.

Have you tried contacting your Base Fire Hall (as you are at CFB Petawawa)?

As George said, contact you closest fire hall. If you are on a base it should be fairly obvious, if not you're going to have get a hold of the fire hall on the closest base to you and find out who they send down to you.

Check your fire extinguishers monthly, ensure people are not using extension cords without a power bar and that any personal space heaters have automatic switches should they fall over.  As well, take a look at the height of stuff in any offices and look for obstructions that might impede proper sprinkler deployment in the event of a fire.

Source: I am the fire warden in my building.

Bzzliteyr said:
As George said, contact you closest fire hall. If you are on a base it should be fairly obvious, if not you're going to have get a hold of the fire hall on the closest base to you and find out who they send down to you.

Check your fire extinguishers monthly, ensure people are not using extension cords without a power bar and that any personal space heaters have automatic switches should they fall over.  As well, take a look at the height of stuff in any offices and look for obstructions that might impede proper sprinkler deployment in the event of a fire.

Source: I am the fire warden in my building.

There are many things that you will be able to do on a causal basis as well.  You'll have check all exits that they are not obstructed/locked; know the plan for exiting in case of fire, the area designated as a marshaling area so you can account for all pers (usually found in Unit Routine Orders), know who to report to and inform them that all your Section is accounted for ( also found in Routine Orders, and that person can help you become familiar with your duties as well ).  The Fire Marshal will do periodic inspections of your building and Section.  They will do up a report of 'deficiencies' or 'problems that need correcting' as well as provide suggestions to improve upon, which you may have to correct or monitor. 

Back