• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fingerprints ( merged )

J

James Wood

why do they make you get fingerprints? I heard it take upwords of 8 weeks to get them processed.

Also, is there any way you can speed up your file, like mailing them or somthing saying "hey i wanna get in this summer, make it happen" haha.
Thanks

It is my understanding that they require finger prints if something on the security check shows a red flag (done something stupid in the past). :salute:

It can take 6 months to get fingerprint results back from CSIS. 8 weeks is at the low end of the possible timeframe.

They make you submit fingerprints so that they can see if you have a criminal record or not.
It‘s part of your backround check.
A captain told me that he "could expediate the process if he felt like it".

So I guess that means yes there is a way, but I don‘t think you could call up CSIS yourself and tell them to get a move on.

Is everyone required to take fingerprints? I have not and I‘ve finished the application process and waiting for my file to come back from Borden.

LOOK i GOT MY FINGER PRINTS TAKEN AND HAD TO WAIT "BOUT FOR WEEKS now I‘m leavin this comin month for BT.
So stick with it and you‘ll get it.
It is because "red flags" were raised In my case there was someone with the same name.I got a really common first and last name.
LOL..Gorgon5000

Not everyone is required to submit fingerprints. They are only needed when requested by DPM Sec and they use those prints to resolve any question on the existance of a criminal record.

thanks for the help, so i guess I‘ll wait a few weeks and then call the recruiting office. I really want to get in this sumnmer and its about 11 weeks away, so i might call towards the end of may and say "hey i wanna get in this summer, what can i do to speed up the procces, could you help at all?" Any other suggestions?

I wrote a letter to borden tellin them about how important being a soldier was to me they didn‘t respond but that dosen‘t mean they didn‘t read the letter so who knows maybe that‘s why I got my offer.......Or mabey not!
Who knows can‘t hurt though.
Gorgon5000
Peace.

i think writing a letter is my best possibility right now, do you think that writing a letter to the recruiting center asking a the head person in charge to talk to borden, or should

I think writing a letter would be the best bet to get my message across about how bad I would like to be in basic training this summer. Im pretty sure my file has been red flaged because of some minor trouble I was in a few years back. Should I write a letter to Bourden, or to my recruiting office asking the head person in charged to call and see if there is any way of speeding up my file?
Thanks for the replies

Just got sworn yesterday and had the figerprintin problems too.
My only advice is to write the letter it couldn‘t hurt and give it to your recruiter to add to your file.
Apart from that though there‘s not much more you can do but wait and pray that any minor discressions won‘t penalize you with the Boys upstairs at borden.
Cause when it comes down to it, it depends on Bordens call and there‘s alone.
Be competitive let your recruiter know the truth about any indiscressions ‘cause trust me they‘ll find out anyways and if your upfront with them they‘ll respect that more than trying to hide something..
I my case I told him about my past problems and he took a day to talk to the man in charge, then he got back to me and gave me the ok. If I would‘ve lied trust me I would‘nt be hear.
Honesty is a direct principle within the Canadian Armed Forces.
LOL...Gorgon5000

If you answered yes on the application form to having been found guitly of offences in the past, then you will need fingerprints and they should be on the ball to get theme when you are in for your aptitude test and medicals. There is no way to expedite the process, CSIS doesn‘t work for DND so we are asking them favours.

If you have been out of the country for more than 6 months in the last 10 years your file could take up to 18 months, depending on the country and whether they like Canada today.

The absolute worst is if you are over 21 with a name like John Smith, there are so many that DPM Sec will request fingerprints. Hang-in there, the red tape does have a purpose.....

I have doen all my processing, fingerprints and everything, now I am just waiting fro my file to get transferd. I am wondering if I were to write a letter to my recruiting center to call Bourden and ask if they could help speed up my file. And is there a point in writing a letter to Bourden explaing my situation and how much it would benifit me if I got into basic this summer (July)

If you are waiting to get into the reg Force, a letter to Borden will not help, they do not make the decisions. The CFRC that processed your file should tell you where your file is currently sitting (merit listed, boarded, waiting ERC/Med, etc).

If you are trying to get into the PRes then the CFRC should be able to tell you where your file is (processing, forwarded to PRes, etc). Once out of the CFRC we have no method of tracking what is going on. For summer training the PRes may not yet have contacted all the people for enrolement due to CO availability, other training, etc.

Do not get all winded prior to 1 June for summer training. Check with the CFRC about once a month and force a definitive answer after 1 June on exactly where your file is and why.

OK.. for those who dont know how security checks are done... for all levels below Level III (Top Secret) the checks are done through the use of computer systesm, and information you provide.
Level II can sometimes (and level III always) include interviews with family, neighbours, previous employers (in person) etc by CSIS, and this can take upwards of a year, and someone quoted me has a price tag of about 50 grand to complete.

At any rate, you require enhanced reliability for entrance into the forces, which is much much lower than secret. Effectively they search your name and birthdate in CPIC (criminal database) and across known terrorist-watch lists and that sort of thign for flags.

If your name is John Smith, chances are there might be another John Smith born the same day as you, or someone who uses your name as an alias.. etc... so they‘ll get fingerprints to ensure you arent the other guy.

Hi I'd thought I'd throw  this question out! Has anybody had been fingerprinted because of something stupid you did in the past? I was told it could take  up to 6 months to get this back then yet also I've heard that it usually dos'nt take that long. I was also wondering when you finally do get the results back what happens then,do you talk about it with your MCC or what? The only thing left to do is the PT but I was told that I'll have to wait until the fingerprints come back, everything else is approved.
Thanks again    :)

whoa, i was not fingerprinted, and i did my interview, pt, cfat, medical and all that good stuff, im just simply waiting for borden ontario to review me :mg: :cdn:

They want fingerprints when something shows up on your Security check. Even though this happened so many years ago they know. I was honest about this cause I knew that there is no need to hide about anything they will find out. By the way you do get finger printed somewhere down the line. :rolleyes:

Back