• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fincantieri Lays Keel Of Qatar’s Air Defense LPD

Colin Parkinson

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
I am really hoping that helicopter model is not to scale. This seems like a odd ship with every type of idea tossed in with minimal forethought?

Qatar-Emiri-Naval-Forces-LPD-770x410.jpg.webp

I am really hoping that helicopter model is not to scale. This seems like a odd ship with every type of idea tossed in with minimal forethought?

I suspect that Fincantieri's motto may well be." If you've got the money,honey. We've got the time.

In the Italian context (and Algerian for that matter) it kinda makes sense. A destroyer-sized ship that can launch multiple helicopters and small landing craft. Given the Mediterranean, this would be a really useful ship for marine commando's or evacuation purposes. Not sure why Quatar wants one though. Unless its to protect any offshore oil rigs they have operating.

Back