• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

(Final) Bye-bye Ex-HMCS Terra Nova, Gatineau

I actually have some pics of GATINEAU's "final sailpast" yesterday and am trying to figure out how reduce the resolution (they are a little large). I think I mentioned it already somewhere here but 9 years of my life (1987-1996) etched into her!!! Will get them on somehow today!

If you're at work, any Baselined PC should have MS Picture Manager installed.  You can use the Tools ----> Resize option to reduce them to "Web - Large" size.

I am afraid I am not very computer savvy-some work mates may even refer to me as a dinosaur - I cannot figure out how to resize nor how to use photobucket. I will see if my neighbour's 10 year old can help me out when I get home tonight! I did send them to one of you via PM - Help!!!!

dinosuars stuck around longer than we have so far!

Go to http://photobucket.com/  hit "register" follow the prompts, pick a name and password you will remember. At the end it will tell you to check your e-mail

Go to your e-mail click on the link in the messageand bingo you have an account.

Click on "create album" give it a name, hit ok, wait a bit. Then a blue button called "unload photo's" will appear at the top of the album, it will open a "browse window" which will let you find the file you put the pictures on.

Left click the first picture you want. If you wqnt to upload more than one, hold the "Ctrl" key down while left click the other pictures, which should show a sort of blue overlay. Once finish picking pictures. hit "upload pictures" in RH bottom of the window.

After a bit, a window will appear asking you to name the pictures, you don't have to and you can ignore the "tagging stuff, down at the bottom it says "back to album" Clic that, wait a bit.

The album will appear, hold the mouse over the picture you want, the list will appear, move down to "IMG CODE" (this may take a few times as the list likes to disappear)

Left click on IMG CODE this highlights the link, hit right click scroll down the "copy"

Return to the thread in Army.ca and paste the link.

Doing so will impress the 10 year and he will think that perhaps he can teach you something new, good luck.

Holy s***!. That's more steps than doing a MANUAL flash up of an LM 2500 on the ship!!! I will do all this when I get home tonight as I didn't register with my "@forces.gc.ca" address. As well, for info, as I type, tugs are securing TERRA NOVA for her departure as well.

Sad to see what has become of the old girl(Terra Nova). She will always have a soft place in my heart. I was young and in the "Navy" when she was in service. Farewell :salute:

Once again - I have some pics of both vessels sent last week from a buddy working with one of the sub-contractors in Pictou but alas, no way to put them on here.

They are pretty depressing anyway - both stripped down to Burma Road.

I actually live 10 minutes from Pictou and over the past few months I've seen the ships slowly dismantled. If anyone would like, I could probably take some snaps of what remains from the water sometime soon.

Pat in Halifax, you said you had some pictures but couldn't post them? Is that because you weren't supposed to have them in the first place or because of something else?

I don't know the regulations surrounding photographing dismantled warships. I could be wrong but I don't think it would be a huge issue to get some shots if I can.

If you are outside the dockyard or wherever the ships are being dismantled then it will not be an issue.

Just an update, the ARSBC hopes to sink HMCS Annapolis in July of this year. If you are in the Vancouver area, they are looking for volunteers to help them with the final cleanup. One of the big delays was finding steel bars in the fuel tanks that had to removed by hand. The other was DFO, but everything is coming together.

Back