• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Feedback on Joining (Air Force)

signore_red

Inactive
Reaction score
How difficult is it to join Canadian Forces?

I'll describe myself and explain my interests.

Description: 21 year old UofT student doing a double major in both mathematics and computer science, transferred from UWaterloo for mathematics, future major was going to be Pure Mathematics. Always had an interested in the military because of the challenges but I became really drawn into cyber security, warfare. For ID purposes, I have my passport, citizenship card, sin card, and school ID. I'll be getting my transcript from my old high school when I get the call. My high school marks are not impressive because I was pretty lazy and bored there, so I didn't put much effort. However, I scored nearly perfect on the Euclid mathematics exam.

Marks: Adv fn : 80, calc: 85, phy: 86, eng: 75, geography: 90, economics: 88, chem: 72, bio: 82. Also, acquired around 200-500+ hours of volunteer work during high school. And have been working since the 9th grade and to present time.

Fitness: I've played basketball and football since I was in grade 5, grew up in Ontario and migrated from a country in Africa when I was 6. My family is European, Italian. Been in Canada since I was 8, became a citizen in 2001 and haven't left for long - only for vacations (4-6 months). I coached basketball for four years and won three championships. Also, won one championship playing. I'm 5'8-9, 160lbs, and quite possibly under 10% body fat now; can do 50 pushups pretty easily, run 1.5mi in about 10mins, run 200m in under 20 seconds, quite possibly under 15. My stamina sucks but I bike for about 5mi per day for 10-15mins.

Reason: I've applied for the ROTP, with combat systems officer and intelligence as the occupations interest, in late december; I'm looking to leave UofT and live a complete military life onward. Starting in first year again is not my concern because my transfer from UWaterloo basically restarted me to first year since my credits can not be 100% transfered, I'm fine with it and will most likely take electrical and computer engineering over math and CS since I'm getting tired of the pure theoretical mathematics. The reason for this is because I don't really want to develop or improve software for someone and simply live a life to make some bucks, quite boring to me. The only challenges I would get is on how efficient I can make code, or specific encryptors or decryptors. I'm much more fascinated in the challenges that the military has to offer. My reasons are deeper but that's one of the main reasons.

Debt: From UWaterloo, I had about $7K worth of debts left to pay. And from UofT, I have acquired an extra $15K on top of the $7K. I know how to manage it since students get paid during the school year, so I would be able to erase this debt by the end of the year or the year after while at the RMCC, depending on the actual amount. So if debt is a problem, I'm curious as to how I can get them to see that I know how to manage and remove it.

Health: I'm extremely healthy, only health issues I get is a mild cold. Also, I have no current injuries. During my competitive organized sports games, I had ankle issues but that's been dealt with - nonexistent now. No surgeries, ever. So, my health is probably perfect.

This is honestly all I want at this point and believe that it will carry into the future. I'm ready for the discipline and the challenges, regardless of how hard it is. Mentally, I'm more than ready to handle this. Physically, if I need to improve myself then I'm willing to do so. The challenges, discipline, and the many skills that I can learn is what has drawn me towards it.

Currently, this is my 3 week exercise routine:

Morning (every day) - done at 6:30am 1.5mi run under 10min Cycle 5mi •Pull ups 3xfailure •Weighted crunches 3xfailure •Weighted jumping squats 3xfailure °leg raises 3x15 °Dips 3x10 Front squat with military press 8x8-15 Jog 3mi

Afternoon (3 times a week) - after last lecture Leg extensions 2x20 Cycle 2.5mi Barbell squats 8x8-12 Hamstring curls 2x12 Cycle 2.5mi Pull ups 3xfailure Bench press 8x8-12 Close-grip rows 8x8-12 Deadlifts 3x15

My swimming sucks but I'm willing to improve it. I can swim but I wouldn't call myself good.

P.s. I don't really know where to post this or who to talk to. My friend is in the army, infantry, and he told me that I'm most likely getting in but I'm slightly anxious since next week is when their systems have been upgraded and so will be reviewing newly applications. I really want in. So, I guess that I'm looking for more feedback.

Good day Signore_red,

You have given a lot of information about yourself however that being said you have not asked any questions outside of the stated rules of this form in accordance with the read first post regarding questions that will not be answered in the "Ask a Recruiter Form"

Maintain contact with the recruiting center processing your application for processing dates and information required to be submitted in support of your application. 

Back