• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Feature Requests

JohnTBay said:
Now sure if it's been suggested, but maybe limiting the roster page to 100 /page and making multiple pages instead of having the whole  1909 show up at once

Good idea, and done. Should help that page load faster too.

seeing that we have a prison break situation today, i suggest that we should have a special mission to recapture the prisoners!

Hey Mike,

Could it be possible to add another timer to the combat readiness block. You've got the one timer that counts down for each point, how about one that's a countdown until full readiness?

How about adding positions for some of the top ranking players: CDS, VCDS, CF CWO.  Gives people something else to strive for, but also breaks down the Officer vs. NCM ranking.  Maybe a position for the top 10 or 20?

Just a random thought, not too sure how difficult this would be to use or if it's even feasible. 

At this point in time the only way to get Milpoints are by going to AO everyday, buying points, or by posting on Milnet. 

What if there was a multiple choice quiz feature in the game and you get Milpoints for the correct answer.  This could serve a few purposes;
a.) Provides a different method of acquiring MP if you don't have the money to buy points or you don't post on Milnet
b.) Gives players something to do if they don't have CR but still want to play; and
c.) It can teach people something that might not have known.

Comments?

Silverfire said:
Just a random thought, not too sure how difficult this would be to use or if it's even feasible. 

At this point in time the only way to get Milpoints are by going to AO everyday, buying points, or by posting on Milnet. 

What if there was a multiple choice quiz feature in the game and you get Milpoints for the correct answer.  This could serve a few purposes;
a.) Provides a different method of acquiring MP if you don't have the money to buy points or you don't post on Milnet
b.) Gives players something to do if they don't have CR but still want to play; and
c.) It can teach people something that might not have known.

Comments?

I like this one!

Another thing I just realized, it opens up an avenue for more medals.  Get x amount of questions correct and you win a "Confirmation of Combat Knowledge" medal >:D

airmich said:
How about adding positions for some of the top ranking players: CDS, VCDS, CF CWO.  Gives people something else to strive for, but also breaks down the Officer vs. NCM ranking.  Maybe a position for the top 10 or 20?
Agree.

I like all these recent ideas and have taken some notes on each.

For the timer and the 'top' list, I already have something similar planned... just have to allocate some time to get things done. I'm hoping to spend some early morning time getting a few things like this sorted out over the next couple of weeks. :)

I like the quiz idea too... didn't have anything like that planned, but I've taken some notes on that too. Could be a bit difficult to arrange and build, but I like it because it really helps keep the game interesting and 'real'. If anyone wants to start pulling together some questions - and answers - that would be great!

Has anyone suggested a medal for number of daily challenges completed?

Would love to see some new features to the game to keep up interest.

Mike Bobbitt said:
I like all these recent ideas and have taken some notes on each.

For the timer and the 'top' list, I already have something similar planned... just have to allocate some time to get things done. I'm hoping to spend some early morning time getting a few things like this sorted out over the next couple of weeks. :)

I like the quiz idea too... didn't have anything like that planned, but I've taken some notes on that too. Could be a bit difficult to arrange and build, but I like it because it really helps keep the game interesting and 'real'. If anyone wants to start pulling together some questions - and answers - that would be great!

I've started gathering some miscellaneous questions in a multiple choice format, all text based.  How difficult would it be to incorporate images as the question? Sort of like, "Name this Cap Badge/Person/Rank"

It would add to the complexity of the feature, but would not be out of the question. The real problem there would more likely be image copyright...

What does the number in brackets mean beside the Roster tab?  I've done a search and read the documentation but nothing comes up.

Mike, any chance that we could add US$ as a QM item?  Thanks!

How about a "Time until CR FULL" clock? 

(So you know how long you have before your CR Fully regens, and you start losing CR points and Morale....)

NS

Back