• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Father Teaches Ungrateful Daughter a Lesson... this is awesome

Kat Stevens said:
when my youngest was 16, I got her a cell phone that could do everything a cell phone was needed to do.  6 Months later, I put up with two weeks of "this phone is a piece of crap, I want a new one".  My reply?  I placed it on the floor and stomped on it.  "It wasn't a piece of crap, but it is now."  the next cell phone she had, she paid for, a year later.

You are my Hero....  :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Hatchet Man said:
Ref the bold, watching the video, it would seem he has tried that tactic before, and it did SFA to smarten her up.

I get that, but I'm still not sure I'd be shooting the laptop after spending all that time and money on it...selling it, maybe.  ;)

Journeyman said:
I guess you didn't read the comments.  ;)

Haha...oh yes, I did.  I am referring to teens with bad attitudes, not the army.ca dogpile.  ;D  Hopefully, many kids are watching that video and thinking seriously about their own disrespect towards their parents/authority figures...and as a result, contemplating taking a different approach.  Wishful thinking, perhaps.

estoguy said:
The gun thing... somewhat over the top... he could have done it off camera and showed the result or used another means to wreck it to not make it as "violent" (a drill, for instance), as people seem worried about that. He paid for the thing, so he can do whatever he wants to it.  It technically belongs to him.  If he wants to wreck it, its his prerogative.

And he was bang on (no pun intended) saying that if wanted another laptop, she had to get a job an buy it herself.
The gun thing well it was Texas and when in Texas!

Celticgirl said:
I get that, but I'm still not sure I'd be shooting the laptop after spending all that time and money on it...selling it, maybe.  ;)

I think it's kind of synonymous with the "I brought you into the world, I can take you out" sort of thing - he giveth, therefore he hath prerogative to taketh away...and in the manner of his choosing.

MM

I think Billy Graham states it quite eloquently

425409_344781585553728_100000656676819_1092781_2002292598_n.jpg

I think this was great and I am only 21 and completely understand where the father came from. Because as a teenager I tried to get away with tons of shit so my dad upped the ante put up a stance and I came out a better person for it. BZ to this father.

I wonder how hurt a teenager would be if they were on facebook and seen something like this from a parent;

My kid is such a frigging loser. I'm so embarrassed I can't believe shes mine. All she does is bitch and whine about how bad her life is and what boy doesn't like her lol
Ohhh the girl you don't like is hanging around your friend and you're not going to the same party if shes going BOO HOO lol
I doubt she'll ever get married I'll probably be stuck with her then everyone will make fun of me because I'll be "that guy" with a 35 year old kid living at home. I'm not an employment service go out and get a job mooch. if I hear crying about one more insignificant stupid little thing I'm going to flip my shit

However, one problem is that children emulate their parents.

And karma can be a bitch.

http://youtu.be/c-zG5U0v3gU

Back