• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Father Teaches Ungrateful Daughter a Lesson... this is awesome

8%  disliked the video..............uh......that leaves 92% who liked it..............hmmm...................

This debate has missed the most important point, that is the political point.  This guy has just painted every gun owner in the US and Canada.  This video will be a talking point for gun control folks.  If gun owners keep doing stuff like this and filming it, they will win the battle for gun control.  Gun owners need to be in the media as well adjusted guy next door who enjoys his hobby safely.  This video does not imply that and endorsing it as a good thing does not go far for gun owner freedom.  I can see this video getting air play the next time the RCMP go into comittee for budget increases.  They will use to convince MPs that this is an example of gun owner being more likely to commit domestic violence or some other talk point to suite their case.  Politics people, that is only thing that matters in this debate, not morals, not ethics, not rights, not safety skills, politicans are only concerned with politics.

Grimaldus said:
174,251 likes, 13,953 dislikes

Nope you have a few other supporters.

Precisely my point, sad commentary to the society in which we live. At least for the small minority that find it a little disturbing.

As snotty as the daughter seems to be (and we don't know the whole story) I think the dad is a bit of an ass for dealing with a problem with violence and destruction of property. Ok, he bought the laptop and gave it to her, so it's her laptop...right? He is the adult and he should set a better example than that, you know take the high ground, maybe confiscate the laptop to be earned back later. He has just shown the world that when he has a problem, he shoots it. So when little missy has kids years from now, will she deal with problems the same way and throw little Johnny's flatscreen tv out the window. You reap what you sow. She embarrassed him so he upped the ante and did the same, real mature.

For anyone here actually interested you can go to his facebook page (links are in the video right at the start and in the description), and see his comments over the last few days.  As for people thinking his kid is now going to off her self, runaway, become a stripper, etc. he addresses that too, hell he even addresses the smoking part.  According to him (since obviously his kid can't really post much now anyways), the daughter in question while obviously ticked at losing the laptop, is admittedly sorry for her behaviour.  Hell apparently people have called the police, and child welfare, and both were satisfied nothing untoward was occuring in the house.  Kudos to the dad.  As for comments that its a sad reflection on society, get off your damn high horse.  Over catering, no responsibilities, and not letting kids experience the consquences of their action's have led to this kid having the attitude she has in the first place.

NavalMoose said:
Ok, he bought the laptop and gave it to her, so it's her laptop...right?

Wrong.

The fact that you even think that way makes me not give a crap what you said... besides the fact that it was a poor argument anyway.

EDIT: And if it was "right" then he wouldn't be able to take it away from her and make her earn it back, either.

Well this one has been giving me nothing but problems since I bought it, and if the "n" button gets stuck one more time that may just happennnnnn

fraserdw said:
This debate has missed the most important point, that is the political point.  This guy has just painted every gun owner in the US and Canada.  This video will be a talking point for gun control folks.  If gun owners keep doing stuff like this and filming it, they will win the battle for gun control.  Gun owners need to be in the media as well adjusted guy next door who enjoys his hobby safely.  This video does not imply that and endorsing it as a good thing does not go far for gun owner freedom.  I can see this video getting air play the next time the RCMP go into comittee for budget increases.  They will use to convince MPs that this is an example of gun owner being more likely to commit domestic violence or some other talk point to suite their case.  Politics people, that is only thing that matters in this debate, not morals, not ethics, not rights, not safety skills, politicans are only concerned with politics.

Soooooo....if he had smashed it with a sledge hammer or a pick, we could look forward to a registery for lethal sledges and picks? uh huh.................

4Feathers said:
Precisely my point, sad commentary to the society in which we live. At least for the small minority that find it a little disturbing.

Based on your opinion that what he did is wrong.  Most people seem to be supportive of a parent putting a mouthy teenager in their place, or just think it's funny.  Only 1 in 12 people disprove

Of course maybe the majority are just wrong

NavalMoose said:
He has just shown the world that when he has a problem, he shoots it.
No he tried grounding her for a similar issue and it didn't work so he stepped it up a  notch.

So when little missy has kids years from now, will she deal with problems the same way and throw little Johnny's flatscreen tv out the window. You reap what you sow. She embarrassed him so he upped the ante and did the same, real mature.
I know some parents who's daughters have did some inappropriate things with laptops and they were too afraid of taking a strong stance against their actions. Kids just walk all over them.
Me? damn right if something called for it id'd throw it out the window.

"upping the ante" is parenting.  Parents can't break even with their kids or win some and loose some. Parents need to always win because they're parents.

Don't forget folks, he's trying to teach his daughter a lesson, not yours.  He seems like an intelligent man and in tune with his daughter's developement, he knows what will get her attention and show her the line she crossed.  Apparently shooting the laptop and posting the results will accomplish his goal.

Your mileage may vary.

when my youngest was 16, I got her a cell phone that could do everything a cell phone was needed to do.  6 Months later, I put up with two weeks of "this phone is a piece of shit, I want a new one".  My reply?  I placed it on the floor and stomped on it.  "It wasn't a piece of shit, but it is now."  the next cell phone she had, she paid for, a year later.

GAP said:
Soooooo....if he had smashed it with a sledge hammer or a pick, we could look forward to a registery for lethal sledges and picks? uh huh.................

I would say we would not be talking about it as much at all.  I am not quite sure why you think we need a registry for tools.  I think one onerous registry is more than enough.

But you all have to admit, the most priceless part of that video was when he said she would have to pay him back for the rounds he used.

Hmmmmm.... Maybe he's a member of the Chinese Communist Party.

:rofl:

4Feathers said:
Thank you for the comment, I was beginning to get worried that I was the only one who thought there was something disturbing about this whole thing.

Shooting the laptop was a bit extreme, but apart from that, I thought his reaction was appropriate.  Letting kids get away with dissing their parents is not okay...especially when she clearly has a very good life and very few 'chores' to complain about.  Sounds like this teen was a spoiled brat with a poor attitude and no respect for her parents whatsoever.  Personally, I would have just taken away the laptop for a few months and otherwise grounded the little stinker...no violence necessary.  But then, apart from being a soldier, I'm a relatively non-violent type of person. ;)

The sense of entitlement of some kids today is astonishing...maybe this video will be a wake-up call of sorts?

Celticgirl said:
Shooting the laptop was a bit extreme, but apart from that, I thought his reaction was appropriate.  Letting kids get away with dissing their parents is not okay...especially when she clearly has a very good life and very few 'chores' to complain about.  Sounds like this teen was a spoiled brat with a poor attitude and no respect for her parents whatsoever. Personally, I would have just taken away the laptop for a few months and otherwise grounded the little stinker...no violence necessary.  But then, apart from being a soldier, I'm a relatively non-violent type of person. ;)

The sense of entitlement of some kids today is astonishing...maybe this video will be a wake-up call of sorts?

Ref the bold, watching the video, it would seem he has tried that tactic before, and it did SFA to smarten her up.

Back