• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Father Teaches Ungrateful Daughter a Lesson... this is awesome

I don't know your personal situation, however unless you have had to deal with a child/teenager on a daily basis for a long period of time:

Often losing temper
Often arguing with adults
Often actively defying or refusing to comply with adults’ requests or rules
Often deliberately annoying people
Often blaming others for his or her mistakes or misbehaviors
Being often touchy or easily annoyed by others
Being often angry and resentful
Being often spiteful or vindictive.
Failure to respond when addressed
Refusal to cooperate with teachers at school
Refusal to do home work
Deliberate lateness
Refusal to keep order in the home or in bedroom/extremely disheveled bedroom
Provocation of siblings
Unwillingness to be sensitive to others
Irritable
Impatient
Regularly annoyed
Blurts out answers before questions have been asked
Impertinent; talks back
Verbally aggressive
Pouts and sulks
Constant teasing
Difficulty waiting one’s turn
Frequently frustrated
Intrudes on others
Defiant
Argues, quarrels
Acts “smart”
Negative
Disobedient

and the list goes on forever.......

Then you have no clue of what parents go thru.

Again and no offence Mr Strong, but you MUST have expected all this shit???..You chose to accept this eventuality. All I am saying is...well. don't shoot your daughter's PC! I think that's over the top?...No?

Teenagers these days are the world's greatest form of birth control - until you've had to deal with some of these creatures day in and out, you've really no idea.  I've had dumbassed subordinates that were eaiser to manage at their worst than my youngest son at his best.  According to the law, they're aren't responsible for their actions - I say BS as they know exactly what they are doing and the ramfications of those actions - just we're not allowed to hold them accoutnable in the manner that they should be.  I had a cop look me in the face and tell me my kid didn't commit a crime by stealing and breaking, entering and vandalizing my house because he lived there - if I'd done it, I'd still be on probation right now.  This guy took his daughter to task for what she did do and what she wasn't doing...albeit a little extreme, and I mean little - I'd have used a sledge instead - and is holding her accountable for her actions.  Just like my kid keeps harping that I tried to have him tossed in jail a couple of times - he deserved it and I stand by that decision, to make him accountable for what he did.  The whiners on YouTube for the most part are in her age range and the rest are hand wringing social workers who don't have kids and likely never will...guess what, in the real world, real people aren't expected to put up with that crap, so why should parents have to?

MM

Pat in Halifax said:
Again and no offence Mr Strong, but you MUST have expected all this crap???..You chose to accept this eventuality. All I am saying is...well. don't shoot your daughter's PC! I think that's over the top?...No?

To be honest I am really not sure what I expected at the time. Till you have them you really don't know what it is all about. You have your memories of childhood, and some notion that you want to do better than your parents. You start out wanting to be the best damn parent in the world for them...then life takes over.......however you never stop loving them, no matter how hard they try to hurt you.

And no, I never shot her computer.

She now has kids of her own.....payback is sweet ;D

As a parent myself, I find myself in superposition like Schrödinger's cat. My teenage daughter can pull off stunts that make me want to pull out a Taser, and others that fill me with pride and wonder that she can be so accomplished. (I have a younger son too, so I can look forward to rinse and repeat).

All I can say is we do our best and hope the results in the end are worth the time and effort we put in.

As for the young lady in the video; there are lines that should not be crossed, and public abuse of anyone is a huge red flag demanding some sort of response. His response was creative and proportionate (an equally public rebuttal); "sow and ye shall reap"

That video gets about 30 comments a second.

There's probably 50'000 video responses to the video posted on youtube.
Lots of idiots waving around pistols, blubbering "lifes not fair" teenagers, empowered parents.

Next month there will be a reality show where each week he takes a bunch of asshole teenagers and at the end of each program he takes one teeanger who fails X criteria and shoots up their laptop.

It is an interesting form of consequence, considering the much more extreme and possibly abusive punishments this man could have chosen. Being a teacher, I have witnessed both extremes of parenting. The parents that refuse to believe that their child has caused a problem, or the parent that lacks the desire to impose any kind of negative consequence, all the way to the parent that has "volunteered" their child to live among children that are really "living without." Neither way produces the perfect child, I think parenting a teenager is trial and error.

By removing her PC, and by posting something to the internet, it addresses two things that teenagers so often forget. One, you are not entitled to ANYTHING beyond the basics of life. (yes I know, we try to provide everything we can for our children, but parents are not obligated to by a laptop, iPod, iPad, etc.) Two, when you post something on the internet, it is forever. As there will always be a recorded of her angst filled whining, there will always be the reminder of her father. And hey, if you can teach two lessons, why not?

Grimaldus said:
Next month there will be a reality show where each week he takes a bunch of asshole teenagers and at the end of each program he takes one teeanger who fails X criteria and shoots up their laptop.

To show you what type of man he is, there are reports that tv, radio, et al. have been trying to interview him, offer him cash for participation on talk shows, etc. and he has refused all, saying all he wanted to do was prove a point to his daughter and that's it.

Strike said:
To show you what type of man he is, there are reports that tv, radio, et al. have been trying to interview him, offer him cash for participation on talk shows, etc. and he has refused all, saying all he wanted to do was prove a point to his daughter and that's it.

That's awesome, I'm quite glad to hear that.

It's sad how fast the media tries to jump all over the next new story of the week. Cash for a talk show? That'd be fun, sitting there dealing with the comments people left on youtube but in person.

Strike said:
That tells me more about the guy than the video ever could - good show.

All I see is an AMerican who solves a family problem the American way.... with a gun in front of media.  Truly, it is a sas comment on the state of their society.

fraserdw said:
All I see is an AMerican who solves a family problem the American way.... with a gun in front of media.  Truly, it is a sas comment on the state of their society.

Careful....your bias is peeking out......... :eek:

fraserdw said:
Agree - He shot a 15 year old's computer! Holy f*** people, what have we become!?

My bias is Canadian.  Just because they are an allied nation does not mean I am required to not comment on their social-economic issues.  It is possible to be Canadian, own guns, believe in private property rights, support tough on crime AND critize the US of A for some serious issues that I do not want in Canada.  Accusations of BIAS are MOOT in any debate.

fraserdw said:
My bias is Canadian.  Just because they are an allied nation does not mean I am required to not comment on their social-economic issues.  It is possible to be Canadian, own guns, believe in private property rights, support tough on crime AND critize the US of A for some serious issues that I do not want in Canada.  Accusations of BIAS are MOOT in any debate.

Stop with the derail.

Milnet.ca Staff

Pat in Halifax said:
Agree - He shot a 15 year old's computer! Holy f*** people, what have we become!?

Actually, he shot the computer that he bought and maintained but which his daughter had sole use of.  She seemed to forget all of this.

I still say smoking + no eye&ear protection + dangerous discharge of a firearm makes him a bad role model.

Giving the laptop to a less fortunate family would have been better but of course you loose the OMG WOW 11 million views on youtube factor.

Pat in Halifax said:

Thank you for the comment, I was beginning to get worried that I was the only one who thought there was something disturbing about this whole thing.

4Feathers said:
Thank you for the comment, I was beginning to get worried that I was the only one who thought there was something disturbing about this whole thing.

174,251 likes, 13,953 dislikes

Nope you have a few other supporters.

Back