• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Father Teaches Ungrateful Daughter a Lesson... this is awesome

ballz

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kl1ujzRidmU#!

Pretty funny. This guy's 15 yr old daughter went on Facebook and made a pretty long note complaining about the chores she has to do around the house.

He put a video response on YouTube and posted it on her Wall for her friends to see.

Southern Justice is served.!  Some kids from the " I'm entitled to..."  generation.    :salute:

LOL I posted on a friend's link how I think this was AWESOME - how, unfortunately I can feel the dad's frustration...  You should hear the bleeding hearts... OMG!  (apparently some whiner is ashamed to be a part of the human race cause of the fact that I think the dad followed through with the discipline he threatened..)  Maybe he will reincarnate... as a plant.  Discipline lesson #1 - don't ever threaten a discipline you cannot or will not mete out... he followed through - in SPADES.  (and I like how mama had a bullet in there too - this was a planned discipline... well done)

This is Great.

To all the bleeding hearts who are crying over this.... Two words...

Shut. Up.

Here is a parent who obviously cares enough about his kid to actually try and raise her with some morals and values... and most importantly, as a parent actually follows through with things.

I say BZ to this guy.... And im willing to bet, if his Daughter grows the Hell up, and starts playing the game, life will probably be pretty good for her once she's done her time... Her parents got her a laptop for crying out loud... Thats pretty sweet... I didnt get my own computer until I was 18 as a Graduation gift... and because I wanted it to be more high end I still had to pay for part of it out of my own pocket with my own money I got working at my own job... But I was Damned thankful to my parents for helping me out with the cost, and I knew I was lucky to get that!

some peoples Kids are way to damned entitled....

Not that he does not make a valid point, but how he makes it is debatable. I sure hope for his sake his daughter does not do anything foolish based on the humiliation she may be feeling now. Lets hope he keeps that 45 locked up tight, and he is not doing another post in a few days on how much he misses his daughter.

4Feathers said:
Not that he does not make a valid point, but how he makes it is debatable. I sure hope for his sake his daughter does not do anything foolish based on the humiliation she may be feeling now. Lets hope he keeps that 45 locked up tight, and he is not doing another post in a few days on how much he misses his daughter.

If she kills herself over this, she would have killed herself when she got some real problems anyway...

4Feathers said:

I gotta say, this seems a tad extreme. I normally will not chime in on something like this as my wife and I were unable to have our own children. What this young lady did is no different from what any one of us did in our teenage years (or wanted to do). I remember wanting to 'curse' my parents at age 12 because I did not get the electric train for Christmas that I had been asking for since September.
One thing I do know is that the more rules you impose and the more aggressively you impose them, the more likely someone is to rebel against those rules. I am wondering how this 'lesson' will be perceived in the coming years.
I must admit however,  I understand dad's frustration - That said, if you are going to raise Chidlets, these are the kinds of things you have to be prepared to live with, and if you aren't willing?.....

Pat in Halifax said:
I must admit however,  I understand dad's frustration - That said, if you are going to raise Chidlets, these are the kinds of things you have to be prepared to live with, and if you aren't willing?.....

Like my wife says, "Insanity is hereditary; you get it from your children."  ;D

Shooting into the ground from a few feet away without eye or ear pro.
Very dangerous.
Plastic metal or rocks could have rebounded.

Not as bad as FPSRussia mind you.

How is he not willing to live with it? He didn't kick her out. I don't think he even "lost his cool," I think he just legit sick of her antics (she has done this stuff before) and is trying to teach her a lesson. It is clear that he is trying to get her to get a job and start paying for things herself, probably not because he can't afford it but because he wants her to learn a thing or two. Now she has to buy her own laptop, which might teach her something.

I'm not sure how much this relates, but:

When I was 16 I needed* a new set of gloves for hockey. Normally a quality set of goalie gloves would cost about $1000 bucks, but there was a pair I really liked on sale for $450 (more than 50% off). I really wanted them, and asked for them for Christmas. On Christmas morning, I did not have those gloves. Instead I had a leather jacket (most 16 year olds do not wear leather jackets...) that costed more than the damn gloves, and I was pretty pissed. I did everything I could to pretend I was grateful, but my parents could see through it. I was pissed and there was no way to hide it. Understandably, they were disappointed by this.

2 days later I accidentally totalled my dad's $20,000 truck.

The day after, the gloves, which had been shipped and delayed in getting to Fort Mac because of the Xmas rush, were on the door step.

Boy did I feel f**king awful... Maybe, after this girl has to work for and buy her own laptop, she might feel, in some small way, a bit awful about how ungrateful she was. She probably won't feel that awful for a while, unfortunately...

*needed - as in I was playing competitive hockey and my old gloves were falling apart. I certainly did not plan to eat them because I was starving to death and needed them to remain alive.

Fair enough but he didn't have to f***ing shoot it!!!...and then post it on youtube!
I too rolled dad's truck...twice; at age 16 and again at age 18. All they were concerned with: (and it took me almost 30 years to figure this out) they were worried about their 'little boy".
This 'father' seems more on a power trip and again, I am sorry if this pisses some of you off. I would give anything (and do anything) to have had the honour of raising one of my own. I know there would be times of exasperation but as the saying goes: "You don't realize what you've got until it's gone". I can only hope that this young lady is forgiving.

Pat in Halifax said:
Fair enough but he didn't have to f***ing shoot it!!!...and then post it on youtube!

But that's the awesome part ;D

Pat in Halifax said:
This 'father' seems more on a power trip

I will give you that. It seems like there might be a bit of a power struggle going on behind-the-scenes, and he is probably grasping so hard the control is squeezing out between his fingers. I mean, I don't know how well or often she does her chores... but who doesn't complain about doing housework. I am hoping she was exaggerating about the coffee thing (he did not confirm or deny it)... if he is getting her to make his coffee and bring it out to him, he is definitely on a power trip and a half.

4Feathers said:

Using this mindset maybe he shouldn't ground her cause getting grounded is embarrassing and she might kill herself over it.
Or maybe he should let her have the top of the line laptop because not having the best laptop possible is embarrassing and possible cause to kill yourself.

"Do it or I'll kill myself" is an awesome bargaining chip, my ex when I was 16 used it on me all the time.

I posted about this on another forum I'm on, and very opposite response - the belief of the people on that forum was that the father was abusive, etc.  One member of that forum claimed she even reported the video to youtube. Obviously, Youtube isn't taking an issue!

And a lot of people were all concerned about the young girl's embarrassment.  Here is what I had to say:

On the embarrassment front... everyone is worried about the girl's embarrassment. What do you think those parents felt reading that letter, knowing that hundreds, maybe thousands of people had read it???  Some might think they were from the Joan Crawford School of Parenting if you went by the letter.  Calling her mother "the cleaning lady" among other things, bitching and whining over maybe an hour of chores (if that)?  Oh poor little girl that has everything she wants provided to her and she has to do chores!  I weep... NOT! 

I had pretty much the same rules (chores and what not), and I lived by them.  Sure, there were times I didn't like them and cursed my old man, but NEVER in front of him, to my friends, or publicly, she did via Facebook.  I respected my father very much, and there was a maybe a bit of fear too (which is not a bad thing in my book), because if I fucked up, he had the power to bring down hell on my shoulders FAR WORSE than anything I was expected to do day by day.  I had rules, but I had a lot of latitude as well.  It was only when expectations were not met that the fair bit of rope I had, got shortened.  As for things, yes, my father never really denied me things, but once I was older if it was something bigger (my second computer was a big example of this - it was over $3000 dollars back in early 90s, and I chipped in about a third), I had to contribute to it.  I had a part time job at thirteen, working at a local gas station on weekends, so I did that on top of everything else, including school.

The gun thing... somewhat over the top... he could have done it off camera and showed the result or used another means to wreck it to not make it as "violent" (a drill, for instance), as people seem worried about that. He paid for the thing, so he can do whatever he wants to it.  It technically belongs to him.  If he wants to wreck it, its his prerogative.

At no time during the video he did ever threaten her in anyway (if he did, I didn't notice, and I've watched it several times).  Most of what he says in the video is right on, in my opinion, up to the point he shoots the laptop.  If you took away the shooting of the laptop, I don't think people would be as up in arms about it.  I think people are reading far more into that than there really is.  I could see it if he made some comment like "I'll be doing this to you next" or something.  But he didn't. 

And he was bang on (no pun intended) saying that if wanted another laptop, she had to get a job an buy it herself.

And seriously?  Reporting it to youtube?  I doubt they'll do anything... just checked the video.  Its still up. Its been seen by 2.1 million people, and liked by almost 83,000 people.  Only just over 6150 disliked it.  Says a lot.

Pat in Halifax said:
I too rolled dad's truck...twice; at age 16 and again at age 18. All they were concerned with: (and it took me almost 30 years to figure this out) they were worried about their 'little boy".
This 'father' seems more on a power trip and again, I am sorry if this pisses some of you off. I would give anything (and do anything) to have had the honour of raising one of my own. I know there would be times of exasperation but as the saying goes: "You don't realize what you've got until it's gone". I can only hope that this young lady is forgiving.

You've also never shared the joy of having a child you provide for buck you at every turn, determined to pee higher on the tree than you in your own yard.  It's very much a power struggle with teenagers, I've done it four times, one of them an autistic teenager.  If the worst she got is a laptop he paid for perforated a few times, this guy showed amazing restraint in my book.

Kat Stevens said:
You've also never shared the joy of having a child you provide for buck you at every turn, determined to pee higher on the tree than you in your own yard.  It's very much a power struggle with teenagers, I've done it four times, one of them an autistic teenager.  If the worst she got is a laptop he paid for perforated a few times, this guy showed amazing restraint in my book.

Amen

Pat in Halifax said:
One thing I do know is that the more rules you impose and the more aggressively you impose them, the more likely someone is to rebel against those rules. I am wondering how this 'lesson' will be perceived in the coming years.

Coming from personal experience, I think it is the way that rules are laid out and discipline is enforced that dictates whether a child will feel the need to rebel. Both my parents are South Africans, and they raised me in Canada the way they were raised in SA. They were the strictest adults I knew growing up, but I never once had the urge to cuss either of them out. There was no pussyfooting around the rules in my parents' house, but that didn't make me or either of my sisters feel the need to rebel. I think it comes down to how respect is taught to children. My siblings and I never acted out (in a major way; we have always been a minor pain in the a**) because we respect our parents. Clearly the girl in the video needs to learn to respect her parents and other adults.
:2c:

Kat Stevens said:
You've also never shared the joy of having a child you provide for buck you at every turn, determined to pee higher on the tree than you in your own yard.  It's very much a power struggle with teenagers, I've done it four times, one of them an autistic teenager.  If the worst she got is a laptop he paid for perforated a few times, this guy showed amazing restraint in my book..
From my 'attempt' to adopt from a previous marriage, you have no f***ing idea so stop speculating.
As I said, I am not a 24/7 parent so maybe I should shut up but based on some of the crap coming in through this thread, these kids need an ally.

But alas, you are correct Kat. Again, you don't know what you have until you've lost it.

Back