• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fast processing

CanuckMarksman

Inactive
Reaction score
I applied to the Canadian forces January 20th, did my FORCE fitness test the night after, and the final step in my application process was on March 2nd.

I was expecting the process to take at least a year, but I've completed it in less than 60 days.

Has anyone else been pushed through the process this quick recently?

I have never quite seen an application go through quite as fast as your describing for Reg force...

typical time line for a new recruit is 181 days from the first time they set foot in a RC to when they are getting kitted out in CLFRS , I am currently a re-applicant and its been around 80 days for me to have gone from online application to being placed on the merit list..... now that there are no further steps to take the waiting is driving me nuts ( hence my lurking on this site )

CanuckMarksman said:
Has anyone else been pushed through the process this quick recently?

You can check here,

Application Process Samples 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/13064.5025.html

See also,

TIMINGS - ESTIMATED TIMES FOR_______________ 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/81054.0

Isn't the FORCE test for reserves? The test for Reg F isn't until the first week of BMQ/OQ.

Seems you have applied for the reserves? Since you have completed your FORCES test already. I don't see that being a super quick timeline for processing seeing as it is a Res F Position. Now if you said that was a Reg F timeline then I would say yes, it is very fast.

OldCrow937 said:
I have never quite seen an application go through quite as fast as your describing for Reg force...

typical time line for a new recruit is 181 days from the first time they set foot in a RC to when they are getting kitted out in CLFRS , I am currently a re-applicant and its been around 80 days for me to have gone from online application to being placed on the merit list..... now that there are no further steps to take the waiting is driving me nuts ( hence my lurking on this site )

I've applied to the reserves for infantry

CanuckMarksman said:
I've applied to the reserves for infantry

Then it's up to your local Unit or Brigade Recruiter to "drive" your application.  If they want or need to hire you bad enough, they will push to have it processed quicker.

Yeah, my understanding is that is very fast. I would have taken just over 60 days. They had my enrolment ceremony scheduled,  everything was very fast. If it wasn't for a problem with my eye sight, I would have been at my unit in 90 days. When enlisting they told me the typical wait time for the reserves is 120 days up to 1.5 years. I ended up taking just under 9 months, and after talking to everyone at my unit, 9 months seems average if not on the faster side.

Let's be clear, you've been on the merit list since Jan this year. You being medically unfit in 2014 is not the CAFs fault.

It took me about a year and ive seen anything from 6 months to 4 years. good luck and check out another thread along the same line for more info.
http://army.ca/forums/threads/122880/post-1432614.html#msg1432614

Back